Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM

1,090 posts, read 3,170,643 times

Advertisements

I'm literally in over my head. I have had nearly 30 employers/recruiters reach out to me for interviews over the last week alone. My resume is only posted on one resume website (free membership) and I'm requesting $50,000-$70,000/year for administrative support...nothing out of this world. Has anyone else noticed a surge in calls as well? It's sure nice to see how quickly the attitudes of these recruiters/employers change when they're all fighting to get you to come in and interview with them first. I'm praying this means we're returning to the days of pre-2008.

Last edited by BingCherry; 05-23-2011 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 03:10 PM

961 posts, read 2,466,554 times
I've had some luck but not like yours, I'm happy for you hearing good things like that gives me hope.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:25 AM

285 posts, read 869,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkybumpkin View Post
I'm literally in over my head. I have had nearly 30 employers/recruiters reach out to me for interviews over the last week alone. My resume is only posted on one resume website (free membership) and I'm requesting $50,000-$70,000/year for administrative support...nothing out of this world. Has anyone else noticed a surge in calls as well? It's sure nice to see how quickly the attitudes of these recruiters/employers change when they're all fighting to get you to come in and interview with them first. I'm praying this means we're returning to the days of pre-2008.

I get about 5 calls a week and I'm no longer looking!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 AM

380 posts, read 796,641 times
I've been looking for a proposal writing position. It seems I get a surge of phone calls a the very beginning and end of the month. Hopefully I've already found my position but I have noticed a lull in activity in the middle of the month (I've been looking since Feb).

Old 05-24-2011, 10:31 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,189,055 times
One of my business is staffing and recruiting, and I can tell you from the other side that there's certainly a lot of jobs that need to be filled. Much more than there has been.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
One of my business is staffing and recruiting, and I can tell you from the other side that there's certainly a lot of jobs that need to be filled. Much more than there has been.
That's awesome! I sure hope it continues. I may hold off until the beginning of July or August, due to some personal things I have to take care of. I was just so overwhelmed, at first, with all the calls, but felt like I had to jump on ALL of them because things haven't been like this for a while. I hope this means things will only get better. Part of me feels like I am passing up TONS of jobs and that they will be filled later and I will be SOL.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,189,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkybumpkin View Post
That's awesome! I sure hope it continues. I may hold off until the beginning of July or August, due to some personal things I have to take care of. I was just so overwhelmed, at first, with all the calls, but felt like I had to jump on ALL of them because things haven't been like this for a while. I hope this means things will only get better. Part of me feels like I am passing up TONS of jobs and that they will be filled later and I will be SOL.
One of my concerns is that it's fairly isolated at the current time. I hope it trickles out further.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
One of my concerns is that it's fairly isolated at the current time. I hope it trickles out further.
Isolated how so?

Yes, I hope it continues to trickle out. I think we're turning the corner..knock on wood..I pray this is the end of the recession and we can go back to our BOOMING days.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 PM

386 posts, read 1,052,883 times
Quote:
What kind of jobs are these? I hear this all the time, there are jobs that need to be filled, so why aren't they being filled? Are they really specific fields?

Old 05-25-2011, 06:50 AM

3,825 posts, read 9,496,407 times
I poked my head out the door just to see what is out there in my field of sales. There are positions open, but the ones that I have seen in my region tend to be two extremes. Companies are either looking for a highly skilled sales person with specific skills in specific industries or they are entry level sales jobs that involve knocking on doors and selling copiers or office supplies.

Have a great background in sales selling everything from printing to software, worked for a Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 company, have 15 years of experience and really have not heard anything from posting my resume online. Probably just wait another year and see what things look like then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search