Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:10 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times

Advertisements

^Most likely by the end of this year @ the Phase 3 part of SJTC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 01:50 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,114,813 times
^^^??. Phase 3 of the SJTC is not happening right now, and when it does (4+ years down the road), the only two department stores Ben Carter is looking at (and when they're ready to enter our market) are Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus.

Macy's will not be going to the Avenues anytime soon, either. Belk has the Avenues on lock (took over the old Parisian). Regency is not attracting any new retail and is becoming a small mecca for independent businesses/schools. Orange Park Mall anchors are set in stone for at least 5 years and in some cases much longer. The new Esplanade at St. Johns was going to be built by Carter a few years ago, but the market crashed and growth stopped. It would have been the only candidate in the area for a Macy's. Besides, Macy's is nothing special aside from their sales.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 PM

4 posts, read 14,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
^^^??. Phase 3 of the SJTC is not happening right now, and when it does (4+ years down the road), the only two department stores Ben Carter is looking at (and when they're ready to enter our market) are Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus.

Macy's will not be going to the Avenues anytime soon, either. Belk has the Avenues on lock (took over the old Parisian). Regency is not attracting any new retail and is becoming a small mecca for independent businesses/schools. Orange Park Mall anchors are set in stone for at least 5 years and in some cases much longer. The new Esplanade at St. Johns was going to be built by Carter a few years ago, but the market crashed and growth stopped. It would have been the only candidate in the area for a Macy's. Besides, Macy's is nothing special aside from their sales.
The old Parisian is actually Forever 21 now. What is the "new Esplanade at St. Johns" that you mentioned? I thought the Esplanade condos already existed behind Maggiano's? Are they expanding?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:34 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,114,813 times
Yea forgot about that (regarding the Forever 21). The Esplanade was going to be a mall similar to SJTC at the intersection of WGV and 95 (right where you see the Ring Power headquarters). The Esplanade condos are different.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
If you click on the "Why We Hate Forever 21" link I pasted above - you'll see a picture of a shopping bag. New testament citation on the bottom. Same kind of thing Tim Tebow painted on his face. Same thing that's in Edward's pie tins. Same thing that we see (unfortunately) in the FTU. Robyn
Hmmmm.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:08 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:Originally Posted by Robyn55
If you click on the "Why We Hate Forever 21" link I pasted above - you'll see a picture of a shopping bag. New testament citation on the bottom. Same kind of thing Tim Tebow painted on his face. Same thing that's in Edward's pie tins. Same thing that we see (unfortunately) in the FTU. Robyn

whats wrong with new testement script on the bottom of shopping bags? beats the hell outa rap lyrics or profanity, anyway if you dont like it dont shop there its their shopping bag and they paid for it its a choice you can make all by your 60+ yr old self ,its called free choice

Old 01-15-2011, 01:32 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Robyn55

whats wrong with new testement script on the bottom of shopping bags? beats the hell outa rap lyrics or profanity, anyway if you dont like it dont shop there its their shopping bag and they paid for it its a choice you can make all by your 60+ yr old self ,its called free choice
Which I certainly will exercise with my 56 year old self (and my wallet).
Thanks for the heads-up, Robyn.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexman View Post
The old Parisian is actually Forever 21 now. What is the "new Esplanade at St. Johns" that you mentioned? I thought the Esplanade condos already existed behind Maggiano's? Are they expanding?
The Forever 21 location is like a department store right? Like the other big stores?

Old 01-15-2011, 03:39 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,277,446 times
Well ive been thinking not having a Macys isnt the end of the world no doubt. Dillards, belks, khols, banana and all the rest will just have to do!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 03:46 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Which I certainly will exercise with my 56 year old self (and my wallet).
Thanks for the heads-up, Robyn.
exactly youngster like I was saying its a decision thats up to the individual no matter what their age or lack thereof (yea im older)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville