Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 09:11 AM

3 posts, read 16,402 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear from people currently living in Riverwood. I understand that one clubhouse is completed and a second one is going to be built. How far is the new Publix from Riverwood? Do you like the amenities so far? Are the condos nice? The new water park looks amazing. Any information about Riverwood or Nocatee in general would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 9,232 times
Thumbs up Riverwood in Nocatee

My husband and I closed on our home in Riverwood last June. It is a second home for us-our permanent residence is in NY. We're there about three weeks out of the month during the winter and less often in hotter months. We absolutely love, love, love it there. The whole concept of the green spaces, biking and hiking paths, being surrounded by wild life is what drew us. Plus the nearest beach is only 6 miles away. The entrance to Riverwood is about a mile from the new Publix-which just opened two weeks ago. It's very nice-they say the largest in NE Florida. As stated, the water park is a work of art.

We have seen, deer, wild boar, otters, eagles, of course snowy egrets and various birds and the florida gator! Seen in and around the ponds and lakes throughout Riverwood. The amenities center is just breaking ground and due to open next summer. Currently we have what they call the "Discovery Center" to use which is shared with the sales staff. It's very nice but no workout equipment, pool etc.

There is lots to do in the surrounding area- shopping galore, restaurants up the gazoo, the ocean nearby, golf courses to die for -the one drawback is lots of traffic but once you go thru the impressive gates of Riverwood you leave that all behind.

Be glad to answer any other questions.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:58 AM

3 posts, read 16,402 times
Default Riverwood

Thanks so much for your response. Riverwood (all of Nocatee, really) seems like it is developing very nicely. I hope to visit someday.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:20 AM

9 posts, read 40,004 times
My husband and I are interested in Riverwood. Is the fitness facility complete yet? Also, how about teh pickleball courts. We are wondering if there is an estimated time of completion. Do they have HOA fees and what does that include? Thanks so much for your help!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:01 AM

139 posts, read 355,700 times
Deborah Light - Where is the traffic? Do you think it'll get worse as more homes are built?

Old 10-31-2010, 04:52 PM

4 posts, read 12,610 times
Do any of the homes at Riverwood have private pools? From what I can find on the internet it looks like the answer is no. I see some very nice lanais but none with a pool.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:44 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,249,463 times
Default Thoughts on Riverwood

Riverwood is an outstanding community, and the builder, Pulte Homes, has won numerous JD Powers awards several years in a row for customer service. I will fully disclose that I do work for them, but I also work for and/or have worked for in the past almost all builders in NE Florida. That being said, Pulte is a solid, outstanding company, uses only high quality subs (they can you quick if you don't perform!), and truly cares about their customers AND their subcontractors!

There are very few, if any, national builders that have such a good reputation among their subcontractors, and when the subs are happy, that is reflected in the work they do for that builder as well.

I've worked for every builder in the Nocatee area, and the only 2 I would recommend to anyone is Pulte and David Weekley, period. They will stand behind their work and they aren't going to disappear overnight and leave you in an unfinished community that looks like a ghost town!

Good Luck to you.

SS

Old 11-03-2010, 02:42 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,503,827 times
Just curious what kind of work you do for these builders (sales people may have less credibility than those involved in construction)? Robyn

Old 11-03-2010, 02:54 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,503,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdean View Post
My husband and I are interested in Riverwood. Is the fitness facility complete yet? Also, how about teh pickleball courts. We are wondering if there is an estimated time of completion. Do they have HOA fees and what does that include? Thanks so much for your help!
Riverwood apparently has single-family homes - "carriage homes" (don't know exactly what those are) and condominiums. There will probably be 2 layers of associations - a master homeowners' association - and sub-associations (which may be HOAs or condo associations - depending on the types of units in the sub-association). Each association will have its own fees (and the fees in HOAs are different than those in condos because they cover different things). Don't know whether Riverwood is part of the CDD (if it is - you'll have CDD fees as well). Robyn

Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,249,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Just curious what kind of work you do for these builders (sales people may have less credibility than those involved in construction)? Robyn
Construction Robyn. Sent you a direct message outlining the details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville