Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,428 times

Advertisements

I lived in Jax about 7 years ago. I rented an appt. on the Southside. I was wondering if much has changed? My family and I are thinking about moving to Jax. We have 2 kids one school age, I didn't have kids then so I wasn't really looking for the kid friendly places to live and play...My husband works for a Wal-Mart distribution center and we want to relocate somewhere with a great beach and a nice place to live. We may rent at first but I would like to just buy right away. Our price range for a house is 150k to 160k. Of course we want something safe, close to the beach all the great stuff, too much to ask for that price?? Please help me with any info you have. I have seen allot of the threads and they have been somewhat helpful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 09:38 PM

6 posts, read 19,118 times
Jacksonville has changed in a sense that its developed more than it was 7 years ago. If you want to rent a place, there are these condos here off of Shetter Ave, in Jax Beach. Decent price for a 3 bedroom condo on the beaches side of the intracoastal. Schools are also great in the beaches area. San Pablo Elementary, Fletcher Middle, then Fletcher High. All in the same block radius. I'd say somewhere in Neptune Beach. It's a quiet area. You also have Jarboe Park and such for the kids to play in.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:04 AM

147 posts, read 562,037 times
Where is the Wal-Mart Distribution Center? Does your husband mind a long comute to work? The beach would be a great community if the drive for him isn't too long. I thought that getting a home in your price range at the beach would be tricky, but when I went to Realtor.com and put in the zip codes for Jax, Atlantic & Neptune Beaches, I found many listings. Good luck!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,428 times
Thanks for the info. Setsuni, do you know the name of the condos? Cellson, what are the zip codes for the beaches? Thanks again for your fast replies.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:05 AM

6 posts, read 19,118 times
The condos are called Jardin De Mer. Its a quiet place with the police station a block down the road, so no trouble.

The zips for the beaches are 32233 (Atlantic Beach), 32266 (Neptune Beach) and 32250 (Jacksonville Beach). Good luck on your move!

Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,281,756 times
Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPULLEY View Post
I lived in Jax about 7 years ago. I rented an appt. on the Southside. I was wondering if much has changed? My family and I are thinking about moving to Jax. We have 2 kids one school age, I didn't have kids then so I wasn't really looking for the kid friendly places to live and play...My husband works for a Wal-Mart distribution center and we want to relocate somewhere with a great beach and a nice place to live. We may rent at first but I would like to just buy right away. Our price range for a house is 150k to 160k. Of course we want something safe, close to the beach all the great stuff, too much to ask for that price?? Please help me with any info you have. I have seen allot of the threads and they have been somewhat helpful. Thanks
Nope. Nothing has changed in 7 years, it should look exactly the same. You should be able to get an oceanfront home in a crime free area for $150k.

We still race our cars on Saturday night up and down Hodges, and the quarter and half mile is still marked off on the road. Oh wait, that was 20 years ago, ok....the only thing that has changed is you can't race up and down Hodges anymore, and that's it.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,580,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPULLEY View Post
I lived in Jax about 7 years ago. I rented an appt. on the Southside. I was wondering if much has changed?...We may rent at first but I would like to just buy right away. Our price range for a house is 150k to 160k. Of course we want something safe, close to the beach all the great stuff, too much to ask for that price?? Please help me with any info you have. I have seen allot of the threads and they have been somewhat helpful. Thanks
You can find homes for $150-$160k, but they are modest. If you don't mind a fixer-upper or a very small house you can buy something in a safe area. "Close to the beach" might be 20-30 minutes away.

Have you started searching online to see what $150-$160k buys? That might help you to get an idea of where prices are now, 7 years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville