Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 AM
TOC TOC started this thread

36 posts, read 115,543 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon everyone...I was wondering if anyone here was a member of the Chamber of Commerce of Jax or St. Augustine (or any other chamber in that area).

My wife and I area going down to Florida again next week to do more exploring of the area and get more familiar with the lay of the land. We also thought it'd be a good idea to vacation there during the summer.

So basically, since when we move I will be running my own business of employee benefits and investments, I will have to get to know other businessowners in the area. I have always found that getting involved civically through the Chambers, is one of the best ways to network and meet other businessowners.

Is anyone here a member or does anyone here have any advice regarding the local Chamber's? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 10:41 AM

32 posts, read 75,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOC View Post
Good afternoon everyone...I was wondering if anyone here was a member of the Chamber of Commerce of Jax or St. Augustine (or any other chamber in that area).

My wife and I area going down to Florida again next week to do more exploring of the area and get more familiar with the lay of the land. We also thought it'd be a good idea to vacation there during the summer.

So basically, since when we move I will be running my own business of employee benefits and investments, I will have to get to know other businessowners in the area. I have always found that getting involved civically through the Chambers, is one of the best ways to network and meet other businessowners.

Is anyone here a member or does anyone here have any advice regarding the local Chamber's? Thanks in advance!
yes they have them, try googling for them

Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2fla View Post
yes they have them, try googling for them
Well I know they have them, that wasn't really what I was asking.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:56 PM

32 posts, read 75,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOC View Post
Well I know they have them, that wasn't really what I was asking.
just trying to be helpful, I hope that you can find what you need

Old 06-26-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2fla View Post
just trying to be helpful, I hope that you can find what you need
Thank you then...at first I thought you were being sarcastic. Hard to tell sometimes on the internet.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:25 PM

147 posts, read 559,322 times
I'm not at all familiar with the St. Augustine Chamber, but am with the Jacksonville Chamber. Jacksonville Regional Chamber of Commerce. The Jacksonville Chamber is extremely well supported by the community and provides excellent networking opportunities....breakfasts, luncheons and business after hours events.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:55 PM

131 posts, read 621,667 times
The St. Johns county chamber is VERY active. W/ the growth occuring in the county there are many new business popping up. One of the great things about the chamber is it is working very hard on overcoming the county's "fragemented" population. Meaning Ponte Vedra is over to the east then the 210/WGV area over to the NW then actual St. Aug to the south, and they are trying very hard to tie all of these areas together. They offer quarterly advertising in the St. Aug newspaper included in your membership(either $300 or $600) and also have many "mixers" throughout the year to help promote your business. Email Gary Hiatt: Gary.Hiatt@stjohnscountychamber.com . He answered all of my chamber questions. Very nice and knowlegeable gentlemen for some further answers if you need them. I also belong to another group if you are looking for something in addition to the chamber. You can also email me with more questions through Moderator cut: edit: removed business website...please use Direct Message instead if you need/want to know more. Welcome to the First Coast, hope this all helps!!

Last edited by riveree; 06-27-2008 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 06-27-2008, 10:50 AM

Wow, great information SmileDoc and cellson, I really appreciate it. I am active in two Chambers in NJ and one of them is very active while the other one isn't so much. Of course, the more active the Chamber, usually the more organized it is and there are great advantages to becoming a member. I will certainly do some research and contact the individual you suggested.

I will not be living down there until next Spring but its probably best to start getting information now. Thanks again for your help SmileDoc, and its possible that eventually, I may take you up on your offer of contacting you as well if I run into any other Chamber related questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville