Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Social loop access in Jacksonville, St. Augustine Florida area, Starbucks, join social clubs, children’s activities that involve parents, United Way, Metro Jacksonville, sports and entertainment news

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:03 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,670,441 times

Advertisements

HParr, how about an update? I know a lot of us have been following your story and are wondering how you are doing. Have you bought a house? Which school will your kids be attending? Have you found a niche? Are you feeling more positive about the move now? Have you eaten pizza at one of the local places recommended by our CD pizza experts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 AM

134 posts, read 439,583 times
Default Hey Sunnydee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
HParr, how about an update? I know a lot of us have been following your story and are wondering how you are doing. Have you bought a house? Which school will your kids be attending? Have you found a niche? Are you feeling more positive about the move now? Have you eaten pizza at one of the local places recommended by our CD pizza experts?
How thoughtful of you to ask. I can't believe that anybody has actually been following my story! Here's the latest... this afternoon we are meeting with someone at our bank to see what they can do for us before I check with a few of our favorite builders mortgage companies that they use. We have 3-4 builders that we like, if we could take a little bit from each of their model homes and put them into one house, wow, what a house that we'd have. We are looking in Northwest Saint Johns County. I'm still leary about posting too much about us on the internet. As soon as we get this house stuff behind us and get a house started being built for us I will be better. I'm going nuts in this condo because we are crammed into a forth of the space that we moved from and we are starting to get on each others nerves I think. My daughter wants to go to a certain high school and school starts next Friday and I don't have them registered down here yet because I was trying to see where we would be building at! I am praying that if we get a contract signed on a house between now and then that I can drive her to the school that will be in our district, even if the house isn't finished yet, I'm so worried about that. My son will be in the 5th grade and his school choices could be one of many depending on the neighborhood that we choose to build in. I know that we are cutting it close, I don't even have their school supplies yet because I wanted to meet with their teachers to see specifically what each teacher required. I am freaking out about that. I don't want to have to put my kids through leaving another state and starting in one school down here and then switching schools again halfway through the year after our house is built, this kind of instability can't be good for them. We have maintained a stable grounded household and with my daughter going into the 11th grade, I can't change her schools twice this year, she's at a critical point in her growing up years and lord she is doing so great, I am so proud of who she is, she is a great, beautiful christian girl, I only wish that I could be half the person that she is in my lifetime, I can't gamble messing up any of that, I just pray that the girls and boys at the school down here treat her as awesomely as all of her friends did in Georgia! Well and as for my son, the 5th grader, ...he has received the Citizenship Award every year that he has been in school... he was a school Ambassador at the school that we left in Georgia and he was loved by every single school personnel person that I knew...we lived in a neighborhood with alot of teachers and I had alot of friends at his school and they all loved him so much. His 4th grade teacher made us promise to send her e-mails and keep her updated on everything with him. Both of my kids are super friendly and nice kids, they both love God so much, my son never lets us eat without saying the blessing, he will actually stop everyone and say guys you forgot to say the blessing, and my daughter, well she volunteered with our church to help the less fortunate every summer in Georgia and she looked forward to it and she always so loved doing that, she just glowed with happiness after helping others. So you guys please say a prayer for me and them that they continue on this great path on this amazing journey through their lives. I guess that you can tell that my kids are my heart and soul and every breath that I take... My husbands job is going great, he still says to me "babe I don't know why you are worried about going back to work, you don't need to he says". But I am not the stay at home type, I feel like a flower that's wilting. I'm not the self motivated type. I like using my brain and contributing, call me crazy!!!

My husbands mother was diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks ago, she has been taking care of her mom for years, both of their husbands died years ago. Please say a prayer for her. I'm hoping that she can beat this, she deserves to finally get to have some fun some day.

My son loves attempting to surf with his surfboard down here, I've taken him to St. Augustine Beach several times, I just can't wait until he can stand up on it and ride a wave, it will be the highlight of his year, I wish that I knew someone that could help him, it's sure not me though!

Whew! I got carried away again!!! Jeeze why do I do that!!! Sorry. Why do I have to go overboard with everything that I say!!! You guys are like my living journal that talks to me, thank you for everything! I don't even know you guys in person and I feel like we are friends. I have only made one actual friend since I have been down here and she's a very, very nice neighbor. I just haven't been in a situation to meet anyone yet.

I can't wait to get our ducks in a row! Ya'll pray that our bank is going to give us fabulous news today when we meet with them. I'm praying for a miracle today!!!

As for pizza...I've decided that so far my favorite pizza down here to pick up and take home is Godfather's, the one on 210 at the Hess station seems clean and tastes fresh and wonderful. I haven't tried many other's, but in my opinion Papa Johns and Domino's, does not taste like they did in Georgia, the Pepperoni tastes old or something. I have not tried pizza at many restaurants yet.

Okay...okay...I promise I'll stop talking for now...I've got to go get ready for our trip to the bank! Please pray for us! I've seen prayer work miracles in my lifetime, God is amazing and an awesome God!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville