Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,699 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband and I are looking at moving to JAX/ St. Augustine area this year. We would love to buy a house right by the beach and be able to walk to restaruants and shops. Can someone recommend a nice/safe area close to everything?

Thanks!

NK

Last edited by nirosha25; 06-13-2008 at 05:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 08:53 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirosha25 View Post
Hi,
My husband and I are looking at moving to JAX/ St. Augustine area this year. We would love to buy a house right by the beach and be able to walk to restaruants and shops. Can someone recommend a nice/safe area close to everything?

Thanks!

NK
it all comes down to what your budget is

Old 06-13-2008, 09:52 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Jax/St. Augustine is a big area too, you'll probably want to narrow it down to one city or the other.

Maybe you can give us more details...budget, as Apvbguy said, any commute/job to consider? What other considerations?

Old 06-19-2008, 11:05 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
I spoke to an old friend of mine who used to live in NE Fla who spoke very highly of the entire area. Mentioned places like Atlantic Beach, Ponte Vedra, St Augustine. He moved to the Bay Area ( San Francisco ) after living in the area for a couple of years. He's builds houses. Spoke so highly of it that my Wife and I put it on our radar screen tonight and we're just beginning the research, so we'll join in if you don't mind

We did some basic searches and looks pretty neat. Might even drive up there and spend a few days as soon as next week. Looked at real estate listings in St Augustine online. Big spread, 250K-375K.

I can't wait till we finally find the new place to buy. We've lost enough on out house here in PC that it's no longer added into the finances.

Onward!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:08 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
Dang, meant to subsrcribe........... Sorry

Old 06-20-2008, 06:00 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
I spoke to an old friend of mine who used to live in NE Fla who spoke very highly of the entire area. Mentioned places like Atlantic Beach, Ponte Vedra, St Augustine. He moved to the Bay Area ( San Francisco ) after living in the area for a couple of years. He's builds houses. Spoke so highly of it that my Wife and I put it on our radar screen tonight and we're just beginning the research, so we'll join in if you don't mind

We did some basic searches and looks pretty neat. Might even drive up there and spend a few days as soon as next week. Looked at real estate listings in St Augustine online. Big spread, 250K-375K.

I can't wait till we finally find the new place to buy. We've lost enough on out house here in PC that it's no longer added into the finances.

Onward!
My parents live in St Augustine Beach. They can walk to the beach and restaurants as they live between A1A & US1. They are happy as clams there. There is a lot of existing housing stock and condos close to the beach, and there are some new developments going up, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville