Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:44 PM

57 posts, read 537,142 times

Advertisements

Since we just moved here and don't have a babysitter or prayer of date night on Valentine's Day, I am trying to figure out where I can get some special takeout for Valentine's Day in the Ponte Vedra/JAX beach area.

Any suggestions?

Our old city had a gourmet market that put together multi-course chef-prepared meals in a box with heating instructions (although that place went out of business eventually).

I'd love something like that but am doubtful it's here...so, what's a good restaurant for Valentine's Day takeout (something French or California cuisine or even traditional steak/lobster type stuff)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 01:19 PM

859 posts, read 3,622,637 times
Want something fancy?
Since you're in PVB, try Roy's, Hawaiian fusion food. I think it's children friendly. There's also Bonefish near your.
google for phone numbers and see if they still have reservation.

For take-out heat at home meals, there's a place that you put it together...one on San Jose blvd...the names escape me!! someone help?

Check out the restaurants by the Marriott there too, the PGA golf course, good stuffs.

hm...ever been to costco? they do have some good stuffs you can bake to eat at home.

Last edited by travelingfood; 02-08-2008 at 01:45 PM..

Old 02-08-2008, 02:12 PM

4,620 posts, read 15,013,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
Want something fancy?
Since you're in PVB, try Roy's, Hawaiian fusion food. I think it's children friendly. There's also Bonefish near your.
google for phone numbers and see if they still have reservation.

For take-out heat at home meals, there's a place that you put it together...one on San Jose blvd...the names escape me!! someone help?
Are you thinking of Super Suppers? If so, it's in the Bartram Walk shopping area on San Jose in Fruit Cove.
Check out the restaurants by the Marriott there too, the PGA golf course, good stuffs.

hm...ever been to costco? they do have some good stuffs you can bake to eat at home.
Super Suppers has been recommended by others in this forum. Plus, Jacksonville Magazine's supplement Taste is online - you might get some ideas.
Jacksonville Magazine Online (http://www.jacksonvillemag.com/publications.php?publication_id=12 - broken link)

Old 02-08-2008, 02:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,978,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovintoJax View Post
Since we just moved here and don't have a babysitter or prayer of date night on Valentine's Day, I am trying to figure out where I can get some special takeout for Valentine's Day in the Ponte Vedra/JAX beach area.

Any suggestions?

Our old city had a gourmet market that put together multi-course chef-prepared meals in a box with heating instructions (although that place went out of business eventually).

I'd love something like that but am doubtful it's here...so, what's a good restaurant for Valentine's Day takeout (something French or California cuisine or even traditional steak/lobster type stuff)?
in pvb santionis (red sauce itialian), adiamos(continental italian), bruccis (pizza), china coral (basic chinese), great wall (chinese take out), ginger bistro ( chinese/thai) are all good take out,also ruth cris, mckenzies and aqua grill will all do take out . Fresh Market has a lot of great heat at home stuff you can do.
Where in PVB are you?

Old 02-08-2008, 02:18 PM

OH, Thai Room, pretty decent Thai food. Same people that runs Pom's Thai in San Marcos.

mawipafl: Thanks, that's the one.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
Super Suppers has been recommended by others in this forum. Plus, Jacksonville Magazine's supplement Taste is online - you might get some ideas.
Jacksonville Magazine Online (http://www.jacksonvillemag.com/publications.php?publication_id=12 - broken link)
come on guys, san jose? bartram springs? from PVB??? that's a bit of a hike!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
They gotta see the rest of the JAX sooner or later!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:22 PM

4,620 posts, read 15,013,434 times
Quote:
Chuckling here apvguy - yeah, I know, but I forget that I'm not normal and that I tend to travel far and wide for something silly like a well-made churro or delectable box of chocolates.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
They gotta see the rest of the JAX sooner or later!
we don't go over the ditch

Old 02-08-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
Chuckling here apvguy - yeah, I know, but I forget that I'm not normal and that I tend to travel far and wide for something silly like a well-made churro or delectable box of chocolates.
where's this well-made churro you speak of!

Quote:
we don't go over the ditch
c'mon, get out there and meet some real rednecks.
I kid I kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville