Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2015, 07:55 PM

41 posts, read 66,656 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Florida from Nashville to be closer
To family. They live in Ocala. My partners job has offered a position in Green Cove Springs until something comes up in Ocala. Besides it being a small town what else should we know. Job market isn't a issue since we are moving with jobs. Fleming Island seems nice. Where should we
Look for a house at? Looking to rent first. We do have dogs so that can be challenging to find a rental. If we
End up liking it there then we are still close
To family
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 11:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,032 times
Fleming is only a 10-15 minute drive to Green Cove. Green Cove has its issues (no entertainment, few restaurants, and high crime) so I would avoid Green Cove and move to Fleming Island. Fleming has every chain restaurant and some local restaurants (Whiteys Fish Camp) and it has great neighborhoods with nice houses and the best schools in the county.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:23 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Whitey's. Mmmmmm.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:39 PM

41 posts, read 66,656 times
Thanks for the advice. We have looked into Fleming also and it seems great but a little pricey. I'm sure we could find something. I would probably work in Fleming. What else should we know? We will know more about the relocation this week. Is green cove that bad? From what I've read it seems nice. We arent the type that like to go out and don't need much in way of entertainment so even if we Green Cove then Fleming is close by if we want to go out to eat or movies or whatever.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:08 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallesillob View Post
Thanks for the advice. We have looked into Fleming also and it seems great but a little pricey. I'm sure we could find something. I would probably work in Fleming. What else should we know? We will know more about the relocation this week. Is green cove that bad? From what I've read it seems nice. We arent the type that like to go out and don't need much in way of entertainment so even if we Green Cove then Fleming is close by if we want to go out to eat or movies or whatever.
Crime statistics are probably only considering the city limits of GCS. You have the small town GCS, rural and suburban areas with GCS mailing address. Lake Asbury aka Asbury Lake has suburban subdivisions and even some very nice homes on the Lake... If you are coming from Nashville area, the lake reminds me of some of the lakes in TN and KY more than the typical Florida lake. Lake Asbury was created by damming tribuataries of Black Creek. Lake Asbury has a shopping center but the suburban stores are close enough in Fleming Island and Middleburg near the Hospital( and more is going in there)

FWIW Lake Asbury would be an easy drive to Ocala

Old 09-27-2015, 01:42 PM

4 posts, read 6,003 times
Lake Asbury is wonderful! 15 minutes to the conveniences of Fleming Island (Hwy 220) without paying Fleming Island real estate prices. 7 minutes to Green Cove. Not much shopping/restaurants in LA (there is a Winn Dixie and a few places to eat) but it's a growing area. Some neighborhoods to checkout (if you want newer homes) Rolling Hills, Asbury Plantation. I would not recommend Silver Creek or Glenhaven. Also the elementary and junior high school in LA are highly rated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville