Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 10:35 PM

25 posts, read 36,167 times

Advertisements

OK so the girlfriend and I ate at Harry's the other night we enjoyed our selves and went for a walk. We started talking how we both enjoy the restaurants in St. Augustine but we had not noticed any place that we could go to in more formal attire nothing like a tux or anything just a suit some place that if we dressed up a little more we wouldn't be the only ones. I have never been to Rhets but I do know its a piano bar restaurant and I have always associated those types if restaurants with more formal attire. Is Rhet like that or is there another restaurant in the downtown area where we could dress not so casual but not feel out of place. It feels nice to be able to dress up and enjoy a meal at an upscale establishment every once in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 10:57 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,895,925 times
95 Cordova in the Casa Monica Hotel Casa Monica Hotel

Old 05-19-2013, 11:03 AM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
I highly recommend Rhett's, good food and a very nice experience.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:11 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,760 times
Collage Rhetts or 95 Cordova
Save the best to last the Raintree just opposite the Mission Grounds classy and expensive!

Old 05-19-2013, 08:24 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,764 times
We had dinner lately at The Casa Monica and was less than impressed with either the menu or the food. Wouldn't recommend it. Complained about the over-salted salmon and hardly got a response.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:43 PM

25 posts, read 36,167 times
thank you everybody. We had walked Rhet's and had a chance to look thru the windows and saw more people in more casual attire than not. A lot of t-shirts and shirts. Will possibly look again it was a wednesday night maybe the weekend would be better. Never knew the Raintree was an upscale spot probably because of the location right next to the dairy queen and the econolodge i think it is. Its a shame to see such things peppered in with the charm of the downtown area of St. Augustine

Old 05-20-2013, 03:56 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,895,925 times
You will not find many people dressed in clothing other than casual in St. Augustine. This includes in restaurants, churches and cultural venues where nice casual attire is the norm. I believe that 95 Cordova requires a jacket for dinner. I am not aware of anywhere else that has a "jacket required" dress code. You may find some places in Ponte Vedra where people still "dress up". I like not having to get dressed up to go to dinner, but I'm still often dismayed to see women in very skimpy bathing suits shopping in the Publix at the beach.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:18 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
You will not find many people dressed in clothing other than casual in St. Augustine. This includes in restaurants, churches and cultural venues where nice casual attire is the norm. I believe that 95 Cordova requires a jacket for dinner. I am not aware of anywhere else that has a "jacket required" dress code. You may find some places in Ponte Vedra where people still "dress up". I like not having to get dressed up to go to dinner, but I'm still often dismayed to see women in very skimpy bathing suits shopping in the Publix at the beach.
That's why they say "Publix is a pleasure."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville