Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 07:14 PM

8 posts, read 19,496 times

Advertisements

My wife, 2 kids (5 yo/2 yo) and I will be moving in to Jacksonville within the next month or so. I will be working in downtown jacksonville, around the landing area and would like to live within 20 miles from the landing area. We have targeted the "South Side" of jacksonville, between the river and ocean. Our price range is anywere between 150,000-225,000. Looking for at least a 4 bedroom 2 bath house with at least .25 acre of land. Of course, good schools, safe neighborhood, and close to shopping (grocery, etc.) are a requirement. What I have gathered so far, Mandarin, Julington Creek, and Deerwood are all good areas. Would anyone have other suggestions to look into? We will be heading up there in a couple of weeks to check out several areas and hopefully, narrow an area down.

Additionally, we may rent a furnished place for a few months until we find what we are looking for. Any suggestions on where to look for something like that? I know this time of the year, the beach rentals are going to be high, so might have to look more inland to find something more reasonable.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,523,624 times
A lot of local property managers advertise their rentals on FloridaRentalAds.com, which also pushes them to Craigslist. I don't know how many "furnished" units you'll find, though. Your purchase price range is manageable for that area, as well. Mandarin is probably your better choice. Deerwood and Julington Creek may be slightly out of your range, depending on the exact location. And, JC is not in Duval County/Jacksonville. It's in St Johns County.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:42 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,298,578 times
You do realize that your requirements of

good schools, safe neighborhood, and close to shopping (grocery, etc.) are a requirement.

are found about 3 to 4 miles, or 10 minutes away, from your work....so you don't have to drive 20 to 35 minutes away, 10-18 miles away, right?

San Marco and Riverside & Avondale have all of that, and are 2 of the most popular neighborhoods in the City.

If you want more info on these areas, I have a lot (stats, photos, links, etc).

I'd be happy to post them.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
You do realize that your requirements of

good schools, safe neighborhood, and close to shopping (grocery, etc.) are a requirement.

are found about 3 to 4 miles, or 10 minutes away, from your work....so you don't have to drive 20 to 35 minutes away, 10-18 miles away, right?

San Marco and Riverside & Avondale have all of that, and are 2 of the most popular neighborhoods in the City.

If you want more info on these areas, I have a lot (stats, photos, links, etc).

I'd be happy to post them.
Yes, I have seen those areas and haven't found anything in our price range in those areas. Maybe I am looking on the wrong sites. Could you advise were to look to find something in those areas? The shorter the drive the better!

Thanks

Old 10-13-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
A lot of local property managers advertise their rentals on FloridaRentalAds.com, which also pushes them to Craigslist. I don't know how many "furnished" units you'll find, though. Your purchase price range is manageable for that area, as well. Mandarin is probably your better choice. Deerwood and Julington Creek may be slightly out of your range, depending on the exact location. And, JC is not in Duval County/Jacksonville. It's in St Johns County.
Thanks Eric,

I will be sure to look into those sites.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:42 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,298,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Boi View Post
Yes, I have seen those areas and haven't found anything in our price range in those areas. Maybe I am looking on the wrong sites. Could you advise were to look to find something in those areas? The shorter the drive the better!

Thanks
Here are realtors that specialize in these areas:

Jacksonville Real Estate | Urban Neighborhoods Close to Downtown Shawn McGuire

INTOWN JACKSONVILLE Historic Homes for Sale Jacksonville FL Real Estate For Sale Downtown Real Estate Riverfront Properties Waterfront Properties Condos for Sale Jacksonville FL Lofts for Sale Jacksonville FL downtown jacksonville Amanda Searle

Reggie Fountain (Watson Realty Corp) - Real Estate Agent - Jacksonville, FL Reggie Fountain

Crissie's Comments Crissie Cudd

Traditions Realty Real Estate and Property Management Jacksonville, FL (pretty good too)

Prudential Network Realty - Prudential Network Realty Avondale Office (pretty good too)

(no, i'm not a realtor - but I know alot of them!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: