Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 07:16 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,280,641 times

Advertisements

Jaguars Top All NFL Teams With 14,000 New Season-Ticket Sales (http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sbd.preview&articleID=141994 - broken link)

there are teams struggling worse than the jaguars. all the talk about the team moving is crazy. weavers are committed to jacksonville as much as any other owner in any other city in the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 07:46 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
With the economy as it is in Jacksonville, the Jags and everyone else involved did a tremedous job this year with ticket sales.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:09 AM

530 posts, read 1,461,000 times
Where are all the negative people at now? Oh their waiting til the Jags lose a few games. You know who you are.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 AM

crickets

Old 09-15-2010, 07:51 AM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
You should read my posting in the "Go Jags" Thread about going to Sneekers on Sunday for the game and seeing lots and lots of NFL League jerseys that were not Jags. We were pretty shocked.
My former supervisor in Denver, CO had two things to say to me about people who get to excited about their home team winning during the beginning of the season:

"Don't really even look at how your team is doing until Nov when the push gets going for the Playoffs and Superbowl."

"Before getting too excited about your team winning, take a look at the teams they have beat. Did they beat a really good-top rated team or a team that is in the bottom of the Standings"

I have to admit, he is right.
The Jags beat Denver, so now let's see how they continue doing. I'm a Jags fan, just not a major one (right now anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
Where are all the negative people at now? Oh their waiting til the Jags lose a few games. You know who you are.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:04 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,496,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
You should read my posting in the "Go Jags" Thread about going to Sneekers on Sunday for the game and seeing lots and lots of NFL League jerseys that were not Jags. We were pretty shocked.
My former supervisor in Denver, CO had two things to say to me about people who get to excited about their home team winning during the beginning of the season:

"Don't really even look at how your team is doing until Nov when the push gets going for the Playoffs and Superbowl."

"Before getting too excited about your team winning, take a look at the teams they have beat. Did they beat a really good-top rated team or a team that is in the bottom of the Standings"

I have to admit, he is right.
The Jags beat Denver, so now let's see how they continue doing. I'm a Jags fan, just not a major one (right now anyway).
Perhaps I don't care about football enough - but I root for the home team - wherever I live. And no matter how good they are. Perhaps that's because I moved to Miami in 1971 - and don't think I'll ever see anything like the 1972 Dolphins season again in my lifetime. Or perhaps because I went to Ivy League schools with horrible football teams. The best and the worst - and lots of stuff in between. So I root for the home team. That's it IMO. Robyn

Old 09-17-2010, 01:10 PM

530 posts, read 1,461,000 times
@ LoveBoating its to early to tell anything about any team right now, but no team wants to start off with a lost. Jags havent won their opener since 2006. You want to start off on a positive note especially with the fan base we have. Now that Moses has returned to Denver, we "those" who support our team and our community can get on with doing just that.

I really like what Robyn55 had to say.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:44 PM

ill be taking my kids to thier first game against the eagles and were VERY exicited!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 04:29 PM

725 posts, read 2,571,745 times
We are first time season ticket holders and we've been having a blast. We made it easy by having ten seats with neighbors (we bought two). When my husband's schedule doesn't permit him to go I give his ticket to my friends so they can bring an extra child. This really works out. We are all sitting together. We meet at a central house and load in two vans. I'm really glad we bought season tickets. I'm looking forward to the Eagles game, especially because I won two Cabana passes for tailgating. ~

Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,496,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
@ LoveBoating its to early to tell anything about any team right now, but no team wants to start off with a lost. Jags havent won their opener since 2006. You want to start off on a positive note especially with the fan base we have. Now that Moses has returned to Denver, we "those" who support our team and our community can get on with doing just that.

I really like what Robyn55 had to say.
Yes - putting the first game of the season under your belt is a real confidence booster IMO (especially in light of the shaky pre-season games).

FWIW - I'm a Gator fan - and "Moses" played for our local high school - Nease (he didn't go to school there - he was home-schooled) - and took it to a state championship. As an aside - he's responsible for a state law called the Tebow law - that allows home-schooled children to compete on athletic teams in the schools they would have attended were they not home-schooled.

But as little as I know about professional football - he never much looked like an instant star professional QB to me. You can get away with those carry the ball TDs in college - but if you do it enough at the professional level - you'll wind up looking like a hockey player . I've met some professional defensive players - e.g., Tony Boselli used to come to our tennis team Christmas party because his wife played on our team - and these guys are hard to believe when you see them in person (Boselli was nothing short of a "man mountain"). No way a QB wants to be running into those guys on a steady basis (and they're faster than the college guys - harder to run around). Perhaps he can develop his arm at Denver - but it's very much a work in progress (and I think perhaps he would be better suited to a place in the offense where he gets the ball and runs with it - as opposed to being a QB - can't remember the names of the positions where guys do that - except for wide receiver - and I think he's kind of big and perhaps a little too slow to be a wide receiver - could be 100% wrong about this).

I think the Jaguars were right in trying to patch holes that needed to be patched yesterday with their draft picks this year - even if we never heard of the guys they drafted before (let's face it - the defensive guys who sack QBs are kind of anonymous except when they're sacking the other team's QB - and then we remember their names for about 5 minutes). Because - IMO - winning games will sell tickets over the course of the season. And - fingers crossed - these new "no names" will help us to win games. Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville