Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2007, 03:27 PM

3 posts, read 11,759 times

Advertisements

Can someone PLEASE tell me JUST what are the percentage on blacks and whites at this school?? I have heard that this school was a very good school but can't find any where about the percentage of the types of students enrolled there. Any one know how I can find this out or knows?? This school is of course in Jackson, Ms..on Raymond Road.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 06:58 AM

356 posts, read 1,349,745 times
I don't know the percentage of blacks and whites now, but I do know it's predominantly black as are all Jackson Public Schools. My kids all went to school there, but I wouldn't send my grandkids. It has nothing to do with race for me. It's about safety. If you can go to Rankin County or Madison County schools, I would stay away from Jackson Public Schools.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote: " It has nothing to do with race for me. It's about safety. "

Exactly how I feel and why I needed to know. Have a child starting next year and want to make sure it's safe enough to send him. Like I said before, I had heard it was a good school. We heard that there were 3% whites and that didn't sound quite right.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:59 AM

356 posts, read 1,349,745 times
I think the ratio of whites is a good bit higher than that. If I had to pick the best school in JPS, I would pick Forest Hill if that helps any. There are still some good teachers there.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 AM

7 posts, read 26,597 times
93% black 6%white

These stats are found online under "greatschools.com"
This is one of my favorite websites. It has very good information about schools accross the nation and it helps when relocating to a new area.

Once you type in the city, state, school you look under "students stats" and this will give you the information you want. It will also give student test scores which reallly tells alot about the school.

I hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:32 PM

Unhappy Forest High School in Jackson, Ms. !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aams4 View Post
93% black 6%white

These stats are found online under "greatschools.com"
This is one of my favorite websites. It has very good information about schools accross the nation and it helps when relocating to a new area.

Once you type in the city, state, school you look under "students stats" and this will give you the information you want. It will also give student test scores which reallly tells alot about the school.

I hope this helps.
This is the statistics for the year 2004-2005 ! This is not an update and that really sucks !! Thanks for that info though. Wonder if about same , higher or lower.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:00 PM

441 posts, read 2,113,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCONRAD08 View Post
This is the statistics for the year 2004-2005 ! This is not an update and that really sucks !! Thanks for that info though. Wonder if about same , higher or lower.
If there's been any change, it's a lower percentage of whites. It very much could be 3% white now. The white people are moving out of Jackson in droves. It's a major exodus. Again, like someone said earlier, it's not a matter of race; it's a matter of safety. Jackson is crime-ridden to the core. I have lived in Jackson until 2002 and then moved to Madison County. It just got, too dangerous. I moved to Jackson in 1991 and the NE side was still safe. It's amazing to see how things have changed in the past 15 years. Unreal!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:15 PM

7 posts, read 26,597 times
I'm sorry ,I guess the 06-07 stats aren't in yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson