Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 12:30 PM

5 posts, read 6,657 times

Advertisements

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.101:1 The calamity!101:2 What is the calamity?101:3 And what will make thee know how terrible is the calamity?101:4 The day wherein men will be as scattered moths,101:5 And the mountains will be as carded wool.101:6 Then as for him whose measure (of good deeds) is heavy,101:7 He will live a pleasant life.101:8 And as for him whose measure (of good deeds) is light,101:9 The abyss is a mother to him.101:10 And what will make thee know what that is?101:11 A burning Fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,665,675 times
Sura #19
25 And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee.
26 So eat and drink and be consoled. And if thou meetest any mortal, say: Lo! I have vowed a fast unto the Beneficent, and may not speak this day to any mortal.

27 Then she brought him to her own folk, carrying him. They said: O Mary! Thou hast come with an amazing thing.

28 O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot.

29 Then she pointed to him. They said: How can we talk to one who is in the cradle, a young boy?

30 He spake: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet,

31 And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and hath enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive,

32 And (hath made me) dutiful toward her who bore me, and hath not made me arrogant, unblest.

33 Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!

34 Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.

35 It befitteth not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.

36 And lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. That is the right path.

37 The sects among them differ: but woe unto the disbelievers from the meeting of an awful Day.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:55 PM

Sura #12
1 Alif-Lam-Ra. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings]. These are the Verses of the Clear Book (the Qur'an that makes clear the legal and illegal things, laws, a guidance and a blessing).

2 Verily, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an in order that you may understand.

3 We relate unto you (Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم) the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you, of this Qur'an. And before this (i.e. before the coming of Divine Revelation to you), you were among those who knew nothing about it (the Qur'an).

4 (Remember) when Yusuf (Joseph) said to his father: "O my father! Verily, I saw (in a dream) eleven stars and the sun and the moon - I saw them prostrating themselves to me."

5 He (the father) said: "O my son! Relate not your vision to your brothers, lest they should arrange a plot against you. Verily! Shaitan (Satan) is to man an open enemy!

6 "Thus will your Lord choose you and teach you the interpretation of dreams (and other things) and perfect His Favour on you and on the offspring of Ya'qub (Jacob), as He perfected it on your fathers, Ibrahim (Abraham) and Ishaq (Isaac) aforetime! Verily, your Lord is All-Knowing, All-Wise."

7 Verily, in Yusuf (Joseph) and his brethren, there were Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) for those who ask.

8 When they said: "Truly, Yusuf (Joseph) and his brother (Benjamin) are dearer to our father than we, while we are a strong group. Really, our father is in a plain error.

9 "Kill Yusuf (Joseph) or cast him out to some (other) land, so that the favour of your father may be given to you alone, and after that you will be righteous folk (by intending repentance before committing the sin)."

10 One from among them said: "Kill not Yusuf (Joseph), but if you must do something, throw him down to the bottom of a well; he will be picked up by some caravan of travellers."

Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 PM

Sura #72
20 Say (unto them, O Muhammad): I pray unto Allah only, and ascribe unto Him no partner.
21 Say: Lo! I control not hurt nor benefit for you.
22 Say: Lo! none can protect me from Allah, nor can I find any refuge beside Him
23 (Mine is) but conveyance (of the Truth) from Allah, and His messages;
and whoso disobeyeth Allah and His messenger, lo! his is fire of hell, wherein such dwell for ever

Old 01-25-2014, 09:31 AM

Sura #3
31 Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah then follow me
(i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah),
Allah will love you and forgive you your sins.
And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

32 Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم).
" But if they turn away, then Allah does not like the disbelievers .

Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 PM

Sura #99
7 So. he who has done an atom's weight of good shall see it
8 And he who has done an atom's weight of evil shall see it.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:28 AM

Sura #4
148 Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech unless (it be) by one to whom injustice has been done;
and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:13 PM

Sura #105
1 Have you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) not seen how your Lord dealt with the owners of the Elephant?
[The Elephant army which came from Yemen under the command of Abrahah Al-Ashram intending to destroy the Ka'bah at Makkah].
2 Did He not make their plot go astray?
3 And He sent against them birds, in flocks,
4 Striking them with stones of Sijjil (baked clay).
5 And He made them like (an empty field of) stalks (of which the corn has been eaten up by cattle).

Old 03-21-2014, 12:13 AM

Sura #2
136 Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us,
and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes,
and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa,
and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord,
we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit

Old 03-22-2014, 04:34 PM

Sura #5

82 Certainly you will find the most violent of people in enmity for those who believe (to be) the Jews
and those who are polytheists, and you will certainly find the nearest in friendship to those who believe (to be) those who say:
are Christians; this is because there are priests and monks among them and because they do not behave proudly.

83 And when they hear what has been revealed to the apostle you will see their eyes overflowing with tears on account of the truth that they recognize; they say:
Our Lord! we believe, so write us down with the witnesses (of truth).

84 And what (reason) have we that we should not believe in Allah and in the truth that has come to us, while we earnestly desire that our Lord should cause us to enter with the good people?

85 Therefore Allah rewarded them on account of what they said, with gardens in which rivers flow to abide in them; and this is the reward of those who do good (to others).

86 And (as for) those who disbelieve and reject Our communications, these are the companions of the flame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam