Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 07:44 PM

44 posts, read 122,506 times

Advertisements

I have two young but very vivacious little boys that love to be doing something at all times!!! I have explored the parks from Burlington- Davenport and everything in between! But now the weather is warming up and although we will still be frequenting the parks, we are looking for other things to do as well. Please provide your recommendations... the kids are under 10, btw.
Also, our other home in Florida has a local buffet that is kid-specific: Whistle Junction. It plays Thomas the Train in a constant loop and has a train choo-chooing above and around the buffets. The kids love it, but is there anything similar to this around this area?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 07:54 PM

415 posts, read 1,738,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trallala View Post
Also, our other home in Florida has a local buffet that is kid-specific: Whistle Junction. It plays Thomas the Train in a constant loop and has a train choo-chooing above and around the buffets. The kids love it, but is there anything similar to this around this area?
The closest thing would be Happy Joes on Welcome Way in Davenport. They have a lunch buffet (mostly pizza), a kids play area called Jungle Bungle, and a model train that goes around the ceiling of the eating area. You have to pay a quarter to start the train, but if it stops above signs with prizes on them, you win things like a free ice cream, personal pizza, etc. No Thomas the Train Engine though, at least that I know of.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 AM

51 posts, read 211,488 times
Childrens museum in Bettendorf.

Maquoketa caves State park is about a 30-40 minute drive from the qca. Take HWY 61 (Brady St.) north and follow the signs, can't miss it. There is also a double feature drive-in movies along 61.

Do you know about Crow creek park, Devils Glen park, Middle park etc in Bett.?

What about my fave growing up, Wildcat Den state park?

The Channel Cat river taxi is an inexpensive way to kill an afternoon.

How about the state parks up around Iowa City? or Iowa City in general?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:39 PM

44 posts, read 122,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7476 View Post
Childrens museum in Bettendorf.

Maquoketa caves State park is about a 30-40 minute drive from the qca. Take HWY 61 (Brady St.) north and follow the signs, can't miss it. There is also a double feature drive-in movies along 61.

Do you know about Crow creek park, Devils Glen park, Middle park etc in Bett.?

What about my fave growing up, Wildcat Den state park?

The Channel Cat river taxi is an inexpensive way to kill an afternoon.

How about the state parks up around Iowa City? or Iowa City in general?

Sadly my husband has mentioned little to me about each of those! But thanks to your advice, I will be checking each of them out throughout the summer!!! I'm sure the kids will love it! Super thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa