Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2024, 06:22 AM

8,585 posts, read 5,757,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipmart87 View Post
But I can’t send my kids to a public school in California. All I can do is either homeschool or private (both are expensive as one parent has to give up their job)

We are not overly religious but the kids love it and they quality of the education is awesome
What Im responding to is the notion that religion needs to be placed back in school. I am not anti-religious schools for those that want their kids to have that kind of education. I do send my daughter to public school and I want religion kept out for the same reason others don't take their kids to Drag Story hour: I don't want to have to explain what that is and why its wrong to a 5 year old. For the record, I also wouldnt take my kid to Drag Story hour, Im just using it as an example.

Old 05-14-2024, 11:39 AM

2,097 posts, read 1,440,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And I do pity trans women, because the vast majority of biological heterosexual men aren't going to have interest in dating, let alone marrying them. In fact, most will be physically repulsed by them. And that's just the way men are wired. Women are the compassionate ones, and it's why women are naturally the primary caregivers.

You are so right about this. A few men have told me this, too--they would never be able to date a trans woman, knowing she had once been male. That's just the way (most) men are and they aren't going to change. I will admit that I, as a woman, would not want to date a trans man. (But I don't have to worry about that since I'm 88 and long past having any interest in dating, anyway.)

As far as the original question--a trans teacher being accepted in IA--there would probably be less rejection in a large school district in Des Moines than in the more rural areas--but I'm just guessing about that.

Old 05-25-2024, 09:18 PM

335 posts, read 199,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
You are so right about this. A few men have told me this, too--they would never be able to date a trans woman, knowing she had once been male. That's just the way (most) men are and they aren't going to change.

What do you mean by "had once been"?

I think you meant to say that most real men would never date a transgender because no matter how you "slice it", that other guy is still a man, has subtle underlying features of a man, smells like a man, and genetically is very much still a man.

Old 05-27-2024, 05:24 AM

8,913 posts, read 5,244,407 times
A man is a man period.

Old 05-28-2024, 04:59 PM

37 posts, read 31,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
A man is a man period.

What's a "man period"?

Old 05-28-2024, 05:02 PM

2,472 posts, read 1,341,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaumontPark View Post
What's a "man period"?
Didn't you hear? They're implanting fully functioning uteri in men now, it's the latest fad.

LOL. That poster is going to end up in the "I can't take it anymore..." thread.

Old 05-28-2024, 06:19 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,440,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post
What do you mean by "had once been"?

I think you meant to say that most real men would never date a transgender because no matter how you "slice it", that other guy is still a man, has subtle underlying features of a man, smells like a man, and genetically is very much still a man.

That's an excellent description of a man's reaction to a trans woman. The inborn "maleness" of a Y chromosome human will stay with them for life, regardless of anything they might do to try an change that and another male will subtly perceive it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa