Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2023, 04:52 AM

253 posts, read 135,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
An overwhelming % of Trans. are determined to not just beat on everyone to accept their mental issues no matter how much it destroys other's civil rights, but to try to convert young people into this offbeat world that they live in as well.

So, the real you comes out. (eye roll)

Old 05-03-2023, 08:15 AM

4,918 posts, read 7,072,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOTfan View Post
So, the real you comes out. (eye roll)
Re-read this:

Live your life as you want, but quit shoving it down everyone's throats AND leave the children alone.

Old 05-03-2023, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Re-read this:

Live your life as you want, but quit shoving it down everyone's throats AND leave the children alone.
One might make the same request to hyper-christians, who feel that all Iowans MUST accommodate THEIR personal lifestyle choice of religion AND that their beliefs SHOULD be enshrined in laws to which ALL Iowans are subject.

On a somewhat related topic: Did you read about the Baptist missionary, Jordan Webb, over in Webster County? He is responsible for infecting a 4 year old girl with gonorrhea:

"After just two and a half hours of deliberation, they (the jury) announced their verdict on Friday: Webb was guilty of sexual abuse with someone under 12, incest, and child endangerment. This was guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Webb will not be eligible for bond.

According to the Des Moines Register, Harvest Baptist Church not only helped Webb pay his legal expenses, Pastor Marvin Smith IV wrote a letter calling for Webb’s pre-trial release."

Oh, those whacky christians!

Old 05-03-2023, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
just to keep it simple. . . . . blah, blah, blah, ad nauseam . . . .:

Get a load of the non-Iowan pontificating about Iowa. If a trans person (or abomination, as you state) causes you that much consternation, I suggest you not make friendly chit-chat with one, or simply cross the street when you see one headed your direction. Your problem doesn't have to be a problem for others. Easy solution?

You are welcome!

Old 05-04-2023, 07:15 AM

1,707 posts, read 1,239,264 times
You'll do better in a major metropolitan area far away from the Midwest.

Unfortunately rural America is still full of professionals (i.e. people who should know better) loudly proclaiming their hatred of homosexuals, deviants and people of color. You haven't experienced true disgust until you hear a nurse gleefully exclaim she "hates homosexuals"- yes, a person entrusted with the lives of other humans!

The end of the rainbow is in a city, not the country.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:39 AM

4,918 posts, read 7,072,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOTfan View Post
One might make the same request to hyper-christians, who feel that all Iowans MUST accommodate THEIR personal lifestyle choice of religion AND that their beliefs SHOULD be enshrined in laws to which ALL Iowans are subject.

On a somewhat related topic: Did you read about the Baptist missionary, Jordan Webb, over in Webster County? He is responsible for infecting a 4 year old girl with gonorrhea:

"After just two and a half hours of deliberation, they (the jury) announced their verdict on Friday: Webb was guilty of sexual abuse with someone under 12, incest, and child endangerment. This was guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Webb will not be eligible for bond.

According to the Des Moines Register, Harvest Baptist Church not only helped Webb pay his legal expenses, Pastor Marvin Smith IV wrote a letter calling for Webb’s pre-trial release."

Oh, those whacky christians!
Do you know, I AGREE WITH YOU on this (bolded).

Your example concerning the disgusting Baptist missionary is sickening. This example falls into what I mentioned rebutting your other examples. It is NOT the same as what is going on with the Trans. situation.

Old 05-05-2023, 05:22 AM

41,032 posts, read 49,710,766 times
It's been 90 days since He / She / They (OP) posted on this thread.

They have no desire for good advice from the community.

Old 05-06-2023, 08:35 AM

1,707 posts, read 1,239,264 times
I'm going to come out and say it, Caitlyn Jenner was the worst thing to happen to trans people...ever.

Just my 2 cents....

Old 05-08-2023, 02:41 PM

10,455 posts, read 14,197,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Trans people absolutely should NOT be allowed to teach our children. Get a job doing something else, please.
Please don't reproduce anymore and spread your bigotry to the next generation. To the OP, I would agree with Iowa City and probably Des Moines. People in the Midwest generally mind their own business.

Old 09-26-2023, 08:02 AM

30,561 posts, read 19,086,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSlady91 View Post
I am moving back to my home state from California, and am thinking about getting a teaching license. Do you think I should bother with this as a trans woman? Would I face discrimination? I will be living in the Des Moines Area but will probably look for jobs in the other metros as well (Quad Cities, IA City). Thanks
You would be best off in Iowa City, which is by far the most liberal city in Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa