Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,822 times

Advertisements

It must be better than Nebraska, they have a "What is the worst town in Nebraska" thread that is 56 pages long with 107,000 views. Then they started a "Do you hate Lincoln as much as I do" thread and some other treats like that.

Up in Minnesota their still shoveling snow and we had another 50 degree day today, and they elected Al Franken.....Over in Illinois their still slithering around in that Blagovitch mess. Wisconsin is sinking under a massive budget deficit. So as far as Iowa goes, it could be better but it could be a whole lot worse.

Last edited by mofford; 02-25-2009 at 07:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 06:43 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
It must be better than Nebraska, they have a "What is the worst town in Nebraska" thread that is 56 pages long with 107,000 views. Then they started a "Do you hate Lincoln as much as I do" thread and some other treats like that.

Up in Minnesota their still shoveling snow and we had another 50 degree day today, and they elected Al Frankin.....Over in Illinois their still slithering around in that Blagovitch mess. Wisconsin is sinking under a massive budget deficit. So as far as Iowa goes, it could be better but it could be a whole lot worse.
Franken strikes me as a big spender. However, I don't care for Coleman who was a big neocon and Iraq war supporter.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 PM

Well, I sort of think a Coleman beats a Franken, much the same way that three deuces beats a two pair in a poker game. There must of been better pickings for the people of MN to elect than those two. I don't think they are going to be happy with Franken.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:29 PM

681 posts, read 3,035,256 times
Quote:
Well, I sort of think a Coleman beats a Franken, much the same way that three deuces beats a two pair in a poker game. There must of been better pickings for the people of MN to elect than those two. I don't think they are going to be happy with Franken.
I agree with you there. I guess in my mind, Franken is the three deuces and Coleman the two pair...but still...yeech.

And don't forget Minnesota is the state that gave us Jesse "the body" Ventura. As long as we don't elect Tom Arnold to the governorship, we'll still have the leg up in that area.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 PM

They like to get maximum entertainment value out of their politicians in Minnesota. I guess we fell for that once upon a time with Fred Grandy, couldn't pass up on Gopher from Love Boat for congress, but he was born in Sioux City. Kinda glad we resisted the urge in 1994 to kick out Branstad for Gopher. If this were MN, he would of been made captain for sure.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
I don't really care for either of them. I am Independent leaning most of the time, and partisan politics get annoying in a hurry.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,890 times
Quote:
Well, most of those 56 pages were arguments and trolling, and that other thread was started by a troll.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Well, most of those 56 pages were arguments and trolling, and that other thread was started by a troll.
Yeah, was just kidding around about you guys, but you make such an easy target with that 56 page thread. I got a chuckle out of the recent thread over there about cutting off infrastructure and education funds to rural Neb so Omaha could grow faster. I definately see some division between Omaha and the rest of the state. At least you guys are posting something, noticed a short while back the Iowa forum went a day or two without a single post.

I have to stick with my Al Franken(stein) remarks with MN, and Illinois has to get rid of that crooked senator that bought his seat before I can give them any praise, (like they care about my praise, lol)

Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,236 times
I visit Sioux City, regularly for shopping and Doctor's apptmnts, and I have not met ONE person that was stuck up or rude. I live near Des Moines and I'm seriously thinking about moving to SC! I love the people and the resources are awesome! The post about the potholes,(he wasn't kidding) but besides that, I think it's wonderful and I'd move there yesterday, if I didn't have one daughter graduating next year and the other daughter the year after! As soon as they are graduatedthough, I'm moving there! Without a thought of hesitation. It's like stepping into a new world, as far as the hospitatlity of the people. You'd think I would run into at least one person that was rude, but I swear, I never met anyone that was bitter or mean! The people that post the negative things about their city, just don't appreciate what benefits they do have. The grass is truely NOT greener on the other side and if you lived in a town where everyone is stuck up and you have to be "fake" to be accepted and everyone is rude, never smiles. The town I live in isn't even that big. Population of 12,000. therefore, you would truely appriciate the place you call home, if you had to live in a town like I've lived in for the past 15 yrs. Someday I will call Sioux City my home and I can't wait!

Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,666,913 times
Honestly, I don't like Sioux City. But I realize that's my opinion, based on a lot of years of driving through there. I hope the people who live there love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa