Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 PM

6 posts, read 11,904 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I recently got a job in Rockwell Collins. I am moving there in the month of March (mid). Can someone please suggest me some good apartments near Rockwell Collins.

Some of the criteria that I have is
1. 1 Bedroom
2. Max rent possible is 550$
3. Distance from the office should be less than 3 miles

I have googled but most of the apartments are more than 550$ and the ones less have no availability.

Thanks,
Chandra
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 AM

2,020 posts, read 3,195,799 times
I think most of the apartments around a 3-mile radius of Rockwell will be at least $550, or not more, though I'm not really familiar with apartment pricing. You might have to widen your search beyond 3 miles ... further down Blairsferry Rd toward Hiawatha, or perhaps going towards Marion (but before the city of Marion). Good luck!

PS: I just remembered some older apartments on Council Rd, NE. They were called the St. Andrew Apartments. Not too far from Rockwell. They are on a golf course, not sure of the conditions now, but I would guess they might be in your price range. Is in a nice area. Maybe 5 miles from Rockwell.

Last edited by smpliving; 02-19-2013 at 07:49 AM..

Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the info. I just wrote 3 miles because I did not want to spend time travelling. But if I do want to get a decent apartment, I am willing to look beyond 3 miles also.

I'll check about St. Andrews.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM

23 posts, read 100,630 times
You have an unfortunate trend working against you around Rockwell Collins, in that many of the apartment complexes in the area cater to short-term RC employees who are comparatively well-off. I actually heard this from the leasing staff at one complex while I was looking to move, and if you compare rents to elsewhere in the city it seems accurate. This goes for Briarwood, Grand Reserve, Granite Valley- all are nice, all are close, all are more than you want to spend.

The Saint Andrew's Apts is going to be in the $600/mo range.

You can try the Woodcrest Apts further down Blair's Ferry, but I suspect they are going to be more than you want to spend too. See if you can stretch a little.

If you become desperate: The Cedar Hills apts on Glass Road are advertising a 1bd/1bth for $530/mo. BE WARNED: These apts have a pretty bad reputation, though I have no first-hand experience with them so I'm just passing along rumor. They are however in your budget, not too far away, and convenient to I-380.

My advise: Spend a little more per month if you can, or look further away.

Good Luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM

I was able to look on apartments in apartmentratings.com More than 80% of the apartments close to RC either has bad maintenance or people doing pot, cops coming often etc.

After seeing the reviews I am more than willing to spend more and have a better place than paying less and living in a jail. So I will look into the apartments Briarwood, Grand Reserve, Granite Valley.

Right now I am considering to spend more on the house or travel from far provided it is a pretty decent place to stay with no issues I mentioned at the start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa