Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 12:57 AM

321 posts, read 534,429 times

Advertisements

Lynas shares slump on talk of no licence - The Malaysian Insider.
The reality of Lynas where profit is at the expense of the people.
Just imagine if your house and your family is staying right there. If it is has not potential dangers of radiation, the Australian CEO should built a summer house right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 07:26 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,749,444 times
I have 14500 shares of Lynas I bought a bum load when it hit 85 cents.

Been taking my anger out on the pretty Malaysian babe who works with me and is also a pseudo-part of my harem.

She petted me yesterday and told me it will all be fine. That was the best moment. At least, something positive out of this situation LMAO

She said that MP is only an opposition politician and is a loose cannon.

Truth is Lynas has invested billions and other companies have too on LAMP, and any obstructionism is gonna send the wrong message to FDI (Foreign Direct Investors) about Malaysia being a safe investment.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:45 AM

Over the years, the exisiting goverment had been enjoying 2/3 majority ruile over the opposition. But with internet and text messaging, It slumped and lost many States in the last General Election. If Lib Ya and E Cheap can fall under corrupted regime, what"s the chances of the Govt here?
Lone opposition? Wait till the coming election where the reults might be surprising. What's the signal when govt or corporations start signing the people lives and put them at risk? Like I said - ask the CEO to put a boot camp for his executives as summer holiday or asked the approved politicians to build family house or bungalow next to the factory to walk the talk.
BTW, what Foreign Direct Investment where you put the lives of people at stake?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglicious View Post
Over the years, the exisiting goverment had been enjoying 2/3 majority ruile over the opposition. But with internet and text messaging, It slumped and lost many States in the last General Election.
Lone opposition? Wait till the coming election where the reults might be surprising. What's the signal when govt or corporations start signing the people lives and put them at risk? Like I said - ask the CEO to put a boot camp for his executives as summer holiday or asked the approved politicians to build family house or bungalow next to the factory to walk the talk.
BTW, what Foreign Direct Investment where you put the lives of people at stake?
But dude, they have been following all rules and have to prove that their plant is safe, and in conformity with the IAEA. I think it's a simple case of political arm wrestling by politicizing the issue.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:48 AM

Yeah right.
You should see how many of these projects like these have been bull dozed or swept under the carpets. The politicians here are richer than President Clinton or Bush.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah right.
You should see how many of these projects like these have been bull dozed or swept under the carpets. The politicians here are richer than President Clinton or Bush.
I miss Mahathir Mohammed

He'd take a few million bucks and put his signature wherever needed LMAO

Old 10-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Uptodate, nobody is signing as yet as confirmed by the national press. No permit for Lynas to import rare earth ores
Just wondering aloud, how they put that factory site without permits?Sound radioactive fishy!!

Old 10-20-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Uptodate, nobody is signing as yet as confirmed by the national press. No permit for Lynas to import rare earth ores
Just wondering aloud, how they put that factory site without permits?Sound radioactive fishy!!
They do not have the license yet, we all know that.

But the rumor mills got milling that the license has been denied.

I'm wondering and am somewhat worried if the political firestorm this is causing will cause the establishment to deny the license.

It's down in Oz at the moment. Oz gives a good pre-cursor to where the stock is headed in the American exchange in the morning. A clue to day trading and catching the uptrend

Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 AM

Howzat for toxic profits? This video link where interview was done with opposing views and the whole bull and cow about radiation and people lives at stake. Toxic profits? - 101 East - Al Jazeera English

Old 11-09-2011, 01:27 PM

Have increased my Lynas to 18K shares. If LAMP is not approved by Malaysia, I'm Fukushima Daichied That could pummel Lynas to less than 75 cents or worse.

I'm betting they will. There's too much money and reputation at stake and if Malaysia were to screw Lynas, FDI will flee the country. And that's not good for the economic progress of this burgeoning economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing