Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 03:08 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times

Advertisements

Hi, Is anybody having problems with the Yahoo website? Cann't get Yahoo to load it's photo's or video's for some reason.

Thanks, John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 05:53 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,128,827 times
I just use the Yahoo mail, but that's been working OK. Could be there are different servers covering different areas, and only certain areas are affected. Just a guess.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:29 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,711,000 times
Yahoo has been down at least 5 hours today in Pennsylvania - anyone else?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:40 AM

1,368 posts, read 6,503,366 times
John,

Did you try other sites, etc?

I could try and look into the problem, but my network doesn't get much out of Montana, so trying to figure out where the problem is, is going to be tough.

But my basic thought is that if its just yahoo, its either a yahoo problem, or its a problem with your ISP or their partner having problems passing data through one of the links.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:36 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
There is a huge scam going on right now, apparently directed to people who use Yahoo for their emails. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problems that you posters are experiencing but please be aware of it.

Address books and files and folders are being hacked. People in the address books are being sent emails purportedly from the real sender with the correct name shown on the email. The email basically is saying, "I'm in Texas and have a problem. Please send me $1,000 and I'll repay you as soon as I get home." The money is to be sent via MoneyGram to Austin, Texas - in the name of the real person. If you reply to the sender, you most likely won't notice when you click on "reply" that although the name of the person looks almost the same, one letter has been changed. In my case the name, "MARSHALL" was changed to "MERSHALL." I only spotted it by chance.

I smelled it for a scam and immediately contacted the person who the email was purportedly from and received an email from her this morning saying that her account had been hacked and that she had informed the FBI, Yahoo and the authorities in Austin. It got worse, I was about to send a reply to her documenting the emails I had exchanged with the scammer when I looked at the "send to" address and it was the hacker's. The email DID come from my friend but they've set up all her emails so that replies are switched to them. I immediately changed the name back to the correct spelling before sending it.

This would seem to be a very sophisticated hack job and possibly related to the problems you're having with your Yahoo accounts. So far another Yahoo person in my area has had the same thing happen. She runs a rental business and it's created havoc for her as numerous customers have received the same request for money. Be very careful!! If anything suspicious comes your way, make sure that if you DO email anyone from your Yahoo account you tell them to check the return name when they respond to you.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,645 times
It's been several hours since I reported to yahoo I haven't been able to sign in but once to yahoo messenger. I have yahoo beta, but don't know the origin of the problem. This has been going on for a few days now. It's disturbing from supposedly a world class internet business.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:01 AM

2 posts, read 6,710 times
my yahoo wesite doesn't work properly..
the pages are not loading in proper manner..
what Can I DO??? Help me

Old 02-28-2011, 12:03 AM

2 posts, read 6,710 times
Hi, Is anybody having problems with the Yahoo website? Cann't get Yahoo to load it's photo's or video's for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet