Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2022, 08:41 AM

927 posts, read 585,638 times

Advertisements

No matter how well you word something or how you feel if it doesn't align with left wing politics just about every board save this one bans you. Hell if this were a 'normie' board I'd be banned for most of my views on here for being too 'controversial and trolling' which goes to show how far out they are.
Even gaming forums if I bring up anything that goes against the PC crowd your done beyond your favorite games type threads that are all over.

One user even agreed with me on Zelda Universe too where he almost got banned for liking Wind Waker better then other main Zelda titles which is a hidden bannable offense due to the 'controversial' nature of the game and how it divided so many fans.
He explained in a good post how BOTW got a lot of ideas off of Wind Waker and I did too and got in trouble for 'trolling' which doesn't mean what people think it does. I am sick of that word being such a blanket excuse for the mods and admin disagreeing with you.

The final straw was I asked if anyone thinks that Nintendo may be slowed down by Covid due to how sucky their online infrastracture was to begin with and Covid forcing remote work may be why mostly 3rd party titles have been released as other companies have it together such as Age of Calamity and the indie devs. I simply said depending on whether or not you believe that Covid was a conspiracy I think Nintendo is freaked out right now not knowing the state of things globally and their big titles may see a lot more delays.

I tried to initiate discussion beyond the cookie cutter 'Your favorite dungeon' threads. I mean how many times can one rehash that? Most people there are spouting off left wing crap in the political section not even talking about the game(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 08:44 AM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Internet boards are private entities. They get to make up the rules as to what they want to see or not see. Want people to listen to your thoughts? Create your own board.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:24 AM

666 posts, read 422,523 times
The Internet subforum would be a very slow place without your posts.

Quote:
Even gaming forums if I bring up anything that goes against the PC crowd your done beyond your favorite games type threads that are all over.

One user even agreed with me on Zelda Universe too where he almost got banned for liking Wind Waker better then other main Zelda titles which is a hidden bannable offense due to the 'controversial' nature of the game and how it divided so many fans.
Maybe you didn't mean it this way, but that reads as though you are insinuating that liking certain games is a matter of political correctness?

Old 02-04-2022, 09:24 AM

1,097 posts, read 641,748 times
Why? Very simple. Opinions, viewpoints, or whatever come and go, but one constant that remains is they want the following two scenarios to not conflict with each other:

a. You hang around and post.
b. Others hang around and post.

But since "b" is everything and "a" is next to nothing, whenever they believe there is a significant conflict, then "b" always wins and you are gone.

Last edited by akrausz; 02-04-2022 at 10:47 AM..

Old 02-04-2022, 10:42 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
I think that the rules in various forums are usually pretty well stated, or if not, one can get the feel for what's acceptable after using the forum for a fairly short period of time.

For example, I use another LOCALIZED forum for "community stuff". That's what the forum is designed for. And people are reminded of it often. And yet, there isn't a day that someone tries to start a national-focused political argument, and then they can't figure out why their post(s) get deleted, and eventually some of them get banned. There's no real mystery. They aren't playing by the rules.

There's a local Facebook group that is designed for people to discuss anything local, and people can add posts about recommending companies that provide local services...but such companies themselves cannot do advertising on the group. Yet, several times a week some local company will get kicked off for not following the rules.

As someone mentioned, the owner of a forum gets to decide what the rules are. If 'you' can't fit in, then 'you' don't belong there. Self-control is magic!

Old 02-04-2022, 06:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
The only forum I run into any sort of trouble was this one. It wasn't for my political views. I stayed away from that part of the forum. Whose fault was it? Mine.

Now, I am on a BMW motorcycle forum, a Ford truck forum, a Jeep Forum, an adventure rider forum, an Apple computer forum, and this one. Now, I do not spend that much time on any of them. Not like I did 10 to 15 years ago.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:28 AM

927 posts, read 585,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelling_at_Birds View Post
The Internet subforum would be a very slow place without your posts.

Maybe you didn't mean it this way, but that reads as though you are insinuating that liking certain games is a matter of political correctness?
In some cases it is. In the past it has turned entire forums against each other.

When Skyward Sword game out the drama that followed got out of control. I didn't see a whole lot of it as I didn't care for that game myself which my issues extended far beyond motion control requirements but people generally got frowned upon and ostracized for holding certain opinions now 'positive' reviews are all you ever see which while they fixed some things in Skyward Sword HD (You can turn FI off) the linear structure shows how much it aged and why BOTW was made! It actually was a stern reminder why Nintendo went this direction.

I think Nintendo was trying to convoy that linear Zelda story based games can still work but SS and SSHD is just too liner without what made OOT and other 3D era games work and it had spread the opposite message then intended: It actually made a bit of a resurge in BOTW interest after people playing SSHD was left hungry for more. There's a NEW group of people that have never played either game.

Those who played BOTW1 when in early high school are now party way thru collage!! That's how much time has gone by without a peep of BOTW2 info and Nintendo I think is having more internal issues then they are willing to admit just yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet