Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 11:01 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times

Advertisements

I have a youtube account that I used for years and want to still receive the email notifications when I comment on videos. But for someone reason when I change the email to my new gmail account it keeps saying email not verified. In the past when I changed my youtube email to yahoo or any other email provider I had no issue but now that it's a gmail it's not working.

So anyone know why it's not working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 02:36 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times
If you can FBJ you should just leave it where it is..... I think they wanna verify EVERYTHING NOW.... So if you change it,they will want your #,etc......... (I wouldnt ever give them that!!

Is it possible for you to just leave it?? (Maybe just have all emails forwarded to your new email account from youtube)

Old 05-10-2015, 08:02 AM

622 posts, read 527,722 times
I know what you mean, but the problem here is that your previous gmail account is the one associated with your Google+ account. If you create a new gmail account and associate that with Google+, you'll lose your youtube channel.

What I did having experienced the same problem was to associate my hotmail account with Google+ instead. Once you've done that, you can have your gmail sent to your hotmail account. How to Access Gmail in Windows Live Hotmail

Old 05-10-2015, 11:22 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
I know what you mean, but the problem here is that your previous gmail account is the one associated with your Google+ account. If you create a new gmail account and associate that with Google+, you'll lose your youtube channel.

What I did having experienced the same problem was to associate my hotmail account with Google+ instead. Once you've done that, you can have your gmail sent to your hotmail account. How to Access Gmail in Windows Live Hotmail
I was able to find all of that out and decided to stay with the inbox email and get rid of the gmail.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:11 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times
Good for you FBJ!!!!

These ppl are way too intrusive now!!! (We must be aware and alert)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet