Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 07:13 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,146,671 times

Advertisements

Anyone have access to google earth pro and can do a guy a huge favor? I need a fly in from the globe perspective to Singapore for a school project and in a format I can put into Powerpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 07:50 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,885,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecj View Post
I need a fly in from the globe perspective to Singapore for a school project and in a format I can put into Powerpoint.
What should it look like ? I am not really sure what a *Fly-In* is supposed to look like.
Also, what format should it thus be, in order to be able to use in *Powerpoint* ?

Do you have an example of some other city ?

On a side note. I am amazed at how many 3D buildings there are in that city. Somebody most have a lot of free time on his/her hands ...

Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 PM

Powerpoint accepts .avi or .mpeg

I was thinking just a short clip zoomed out at the globe view into a close up of the country. I have no means to record it and don't have access to the pro version.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:38 PM

2,132 posts, read 4,923,053 times
You can sign up for a seven day free trial of Google Earth Pro - Sign up for a free 7-day trial - Google Earth Help

That should be enough time to record the video.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecj View Post
Powerpoint accepts .avi or .mpeg
I was thinking just a short clip zoomed out at the globe view into a close up of the country. I have no means to record it and don't have access to the pro version.
OK, If I understand you correctly, you would like a short video clip of the whole earth, and then when you enter Singapore in the search dialogue, the programme then *zooms in* towards Singapore from wherever, until it stops *zooming in* ?

That can easily be done, but I wonder why you think you need the pro version to do that.

Anyway, any screen capture programme can do that for you and when you Google, for it, you can find plenty of small apps to do that.

As the above poster mentioned, you could just use the trial version, and also the trial version of the screen capture.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 AM

More or less. Thanks for the free trial link, that's perfect.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 AM

Here the link for a rather good screen capture programme. You have 30 days to get your project done.

Download Camtasia Free Trial for Mac and Windows

Keep in mind that not all xx days of free use is the same.
Some are 30 days from installation, others are 30 days of use, which means, days not used are not counted. So ... , practice with Camtasia first, then download and run the trial Google Earth Prgramme.

Some tips:
When you create a presentation with whatever media, make the screens 800x600.
That is, today, usually the minimum *any* computer screen can *see*.
Any less, and the pictorial presentation gets tiny, too small to see detail.
The length of each *page display* should be at least a few seconds, then the length of *your presentation*, and then another few seconds.

When you use trial programmes, you usually have to submit a *valid* e-mail account.
I suggest you create an e-mail account with *yahoo* for instance, and call that account your *junk* account. Then from then on, use that account as your *junk* account, because you WILL get junk mail afterwards. The last place you want that mail to be is in your *regular* mail account.

The trial version of Google Earth, mentions a trial demarcation on the screen. There is a way to get around that on your final presentation.
Note where the trial demarcation is located, and then make sure on your window screen capture, that the demarcation is outside of your screen capture.
This is what I assume that demarcation will look like.
So when it is on the bottom, try to locate a reference point south of Singapore, an the screen capture will then not contain the demarcation ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet