Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 01:24 AM

61,661 posts, read 87,041,175 times

Advertisements

Good list:
Most Useful Websites !!!!!!!! - Imgur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 08:21 PM

2,975 posts, read 1,564,012 times
Lots of Useful Websites here

Reference, Facts, News - Free and Family-friendly Resources - Refdesk.com

Who's Alive, Who's Dead

Who's Alive and Who's Dead

Tech Webcasts

TWiT Live: Netcasts you love, from people you trust

Hikes in Your Area

Discover Camping, Hiking, Mountain Biking & Other Outdoor Trails | AllTrails.com

What TV Guide should be

Zap2it - TV Listings, TV Show Guide, Entertainment News, TV Ratings

Old 12-24-2014, 06:16 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
Been doing what? If that's your real name I'm guessing you heard crap about it your entire life...

Old 12-30-2014, 11:12 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,192,216 times
Listen live when a meteor enters the atmosphere:

http://www.livemeteors.com/

Old 12-30-2014, 11:23 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,192,216 times
The Southwest's Source for Space and Astronomy Information (military space related content):

Space Archive - The Southwest's Source for Regional Space Information

NASA's SPACEWARN Bulletin:

SPACEWARN Bulletin

Old 01-10-2015, 07:45 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,804,686 times
Learning new skills and expanding your knowledge doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. There are loads of free resources on the Web that can help you find instructional videos, tutorials and classes to learn a wide variety of skills from fixing basic car problems to speaking another language. With 100 sites to choose from, you’re bound to find something here that will help you learn just about anything you could want:

100 Amazing How-To Sites to Teach Yourself Anything | Earth. We are one.

Last edited by bobrainman; 01-10-2015 at 07:59 AM..

Old 03-01-2015, 12:27 AM

421 posts, read 328,272 times
Some amazing Websites great work everyone and ty Classic Television Showbiz is a great one i enjoy a lot.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:59 AM

2,919 posts, read 1,982,376 times
I haven't read through this entire thread, but a couple I used to visit often when I was gardening:

gardenweb.com - I just looked at it for the first time in years. They've changed it and it's not nearly as visually pleasing as it once was, and the sub-forums they used to have for pics related to each topic are now gone, but the site still has quite a few subject forums. If I ever get back into gardening I'll probably spend some time on the site.

tomatoville.com - The people who started tomatoville had some 'issues' with the people who run (or ran) gardenweb, that's why this site was started. Unfortunately, even though I really like the site some of the people who started it are too snobby or self-important to interact with the rest of the members. Funny, I've long suspected there being a secret forum the snooty ones have access to the rest of us don't. It's still a wonderful website and after someone signs up as a member for free they have access to a couple of the more interesting forums that non-members don't. One being the Dwarf project forum where many of us participated over the past few years to help create new varieties of dwarf tomato plants that had mid-large sized tomatoes. And the 2 cents forums is the off-topic forum where no political or religious comments are allowed, thank goodness. Some people just can't behave themselves behind a keyboard.

linuxforums.org - Good website for those who've decided to give a Linux distro a try. I've used Ubuntu and Mint, and tried a few others unsuccessfully, and have learned a few things on linuxforums.org. I've enjoyed used Mint 17.1 so far. Still wouldn't be 100% comfortable giving up Windows 7 as sometimes I have trouble accessing sites using Mint, but on my old XP PC and as a dual boot on my laptop, Mint has been great for the most part.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:05 PM

199 posts, read 260,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedmountain View Post
Some amazing Websites great work everyone and ty Classic Television Showbiz is a great one i enjoy a lot.
Wow, that's a different blog. Very unique. Thanks for the share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet