Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 11:05 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times

Advertisements

I would really appreciate any help or guidance anyone could offer: I have some wav audio files stored on my computer that form a single work. They're split into sections because of the limitations of the program I used to create them. I'd like to merge them together and put one video on YouTube in a YT-compatible format and just show a still photo for the entire 16-minutes while the music is playing. Can anyone offer advice on what format I need to convert them to and how I'd go about converting them from audio to video? Thanks in advance for any help you can render.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Since you need a video use video software. I don't do youtube but my understanding is they will accept .WMV(which uses .WMA audio). Assuming you have a Windows Machine you can use Movie Maker which is free from M$. You can do your picture and audio in one shot.

If your still interested in just the audio convert to MP3 with Audacity.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Youtube accepts mov, avi mpeg etc. It takes almost anything you upload and converts it to the flv format.

Suggest you do a Google search for "free movie software" if you don't like the Microsoft Movie Maker. There are numerous free packages available.

Remember Youtube has a 15 minute/2GB file limitation on uploads.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:20 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Youtube accepts mov, avi mpeg etc.
Jusr to clarify MOV and AVI are not formats, they are container files that can contain many types of video. AVI for example could be DV (14GB's per hour) which is what tape camcorders record, it could be divx(usually about 1 to GB per hour) commonly used for videos distributed over the internet or it could be uncompressed which is something ridiculous like 60GB per hour.

I'm not familiar with all the types of video youtube accepts but I'd imagine due to their popularity DV and Divx would both be accepted becsue of their popularity but...

Quote:
15 minutes of DV is going to be 3.5GB but it's only lightly compressed, divx has variable bitrates so the size of the file is going to vary with the same time frame but decent video is only a fraction of DV. Same thing with WMV which is why I suggested it, small file with decent quality.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:55 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Youtube accepts mov, avi mpeg etc. It takes almost anything you upload and converts it to the flv format.

Suggest you do a Google search for "free movie software" if you don't like the Microsoft Movie Maker. There are numerous free packages available.

From my youtube upload page:
Videos can be...

• High Definition
  • Up to 20 GB in size.
  • A wide variety of formats

Old 09-30-2020, 02:18 AM

1 posts, read 650 times
Is the online audio to video converter secure to use??? Any easy-to-use app to recommend?? I happened to record several WAV voiceover files with my RecMaster and want to share it to my friends on YouTube.....

Old 09-30-2020, 04:46 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
A video/movie maker app would be perfect for this. Drop the audio files into the timeline and add a still picture. Export to AVI or MOV and upload to YouTube.

Old 09-30-2020, 02:34 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,572,023 times
Quote:
14. Add Photo or Banner to Audio
You can add a cover poster or image to an audio file using the following command, this comes very useful for uploading MP3s to YouTube.

$ ffmpeg -loop 1 -i image.jpg -i Bryan\ Adams\ -\ Heaven.mp3 -c:v libx264 -c:a aac -strict experimental -b:a 192k -shortest output.mp4
https://www.tecmint.com/ffmpeg-comma...sion-in-linux/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet