Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 10:58 AM

4 posts, read 38,935 times

Advertisements

Hi my name is Beata and just moved to Indianaplois. I am looking for polish people here , havent met anybody yet even though I have been here for two weeks . Also I am trying to find a job here but don't really know how . I know sounds stupid but I am a bit lost here. Thank you in advance for any advice or peace or information how to organize me life in this new city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2006, 11:03 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beataj2002 View Post
Hi my name is Beata and just moved to Indianaplois. I am looking for polish people here , havent met anybody yet even though I have been here for two weeks . Also I am trying to find a job here but don't really know how . I know sounds stupid but I am a bit lost here. Thank you in advance for any advice or peace or information how to organize me life in this new city.
Wow, you're brave! I can't say there's much of a Polish community in Indianapolis (I'm curious as to why you chose to come here). There's a huge Polish community in Chicago .. I think it's the second largest Polish population to Warsaw.

As for finding a job ... you obviously use the internet, you can try the job boards online, or get a copy of the Indianapolis Star's jobs section. There has to be a branch of the Marion County Public Library by you, you can see if there's any prospects there.

I wish you luck!

Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 AM

Thank you a lot . At least I know something now . Why Indianapolis? Well I like it better than Chicago for some reasons. People are nicer and friendly here so far at least. Hopefully will stay this way. Best wishes and thank you for your advice.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beataj2002 View Post
Thank you a lot . At least I know something now . Why Indianapolis? Well I like it better than Chicago for some reasons. People are nicer and friendly here so far at least. Hopefully will stay this way. Best wishes and thank you for your advice.
If you need help finding anything, let me know. You can pm me if you like.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 9,464 times
Smile Hi Beata

I also am looking for friends in the Polish community. I'm not Polish, but I'm interested in learning to speak Polish, because I have a friend from Warsaw. Are you from Poland? Also, what kind of skills do you have? I work down at IUPUI and there are always positions around campus. Hope to hear from you soon! Angelia

Old 12-16-2006, 11:27 PM

1 posts, read 9,464 times
Default Czesc Beata

I have sended a PM

Old 01-13-2007, 01:39 PM

667 posts, read 2,888,209 times
Damn, I wish I had some current info for you. I will say that I know that there is a small but very strong Polish community here. I used to work with someone who was Polish. He came to Indy for the jobs and also because there was a community here that could help him out. If you really need it, let me know and I'll try and look him up.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:38 PM

[quote=beataj2002;113598]Hi my name is Beata and just moved to Indianaplois. I am looking for polish people here , havent met anybody yet even though I have been here for two weeks .

Old 02-20-2008, 01:52 PM

Are you reposting an old post??

Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 19,753 times
Hey, I am 100% from Poland, moved to the Indianapolis area about 7 years ago. I have just graduaded from local college and currently looking for a job. If you have any questions, let me know, maybe we can get in touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis