Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,370 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and Indy. I'm moving to Indy from overseas this late June. I don't drive, so will look for somewhere (<5miles) with short walking distance to the bus lines. I'm on a tight budget as I'm returning my student loan. As I said, I'm overseas so I can't view the apartments or neigborhoods myself in person.

I looked (online) at Riley Towers and Cityview, but Riley is a bit expensive and someone told me 38th St. (Cityview) is where I should avoid.

And I checked 1201 Indiana, I think it's good as it includes everything except the electricity. But the sad thing is that the apartment won't be available until 14 Aug.

I read about the Victoria Apartments on 1244 N. Illinois St, that looks like a good location to everything. I was afraid of downtown but I was told it wasn't that bad in Indianapolis. Does anyone have an idea of that neigborhood? I won't go out alone myself at night anyway. So just walk to the bus stop on N. Capitol Ave to catch the bus to work and back early evening.

Or does anyone have any other suggestion around that area of about $600-700 a month for a studio or 1br apartment.

Thanks!
Cris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 05:49 PM

11 posts, read 13,161 times
Downtown Indianapolis Apartments for Rent at Richelieu on the Ave Apts, Managed by Barrett & Stokely[/url] - are on mass avenue. Very convenient area for walking/public transit.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...tments/167291/ - Not far from DT and right on the bus line.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 AM

9 posts, read 20,342 times
I'm in a similar position - also going to start at IUPUI without a car and can't visit yet. Without a car, downtown seems to be most practical place to live; however, it is also more expensive and I'd prefer a lower rent. Since I'm unfamiliar with the public transportation, I was wondering which neighborhoods outside of downtown are well serviced by buses and would be convenient places to live. Thanks!

Old 05-14-2012, 11:43 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,148,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by estargrl88 View Post
I'm in a similar position - also going to start at IUPUI without a car and can't visit yet. Without a car, downtown seems to be most practical place to live; however, it is also more expensive and I'd prefer a lower rent. Since I'm unfamiliar with the public transportation, I was wondering which neighborhoods outside of downtown are well serviced by buses and would be convenient places to live. Thanks!
You can get some reasonably priced apartments in downtown. Most are on North Meridian, Pennsylvania and Delaware. The apartments on the canal and closer to campus will indeed run you extra $$$. You may want to check out vanrooy.com. They should have some apartments in your price range and downtown at that. A little bit further of a walk. They tend to be on the north end of dt, so you can take any bus heading south at that point and walk or hop the Red Line or if your're closer to Methodist, just jump on the people mover and get off at campus and walk or take the shuttles to where you need to be. Good thing, IndyGo has a major discount for IUPUI students and that's for every route except the Green Line (Airport express). Dirt cheap actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis