Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 08:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,841 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My boyfriend and I are soon to be recent college graduates with no children. We are moving to Indiana and are interested in Indianpolis/West Indiapolis suburbs. We would like to live somewhere near fun and hip, but would like to have room and privacy and a patio. We don't enjoy the club scene, but we enjoy shopping, movie theaters, and lots of dining. We would appreciate any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,517,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2012 View Post
Hello,
My boyfriend and I are soon to be recent college graduates with no children. We are moving to Indiana and are interested in Indianpolis/West Indiapolis suburbs. We would like to live somewhere near fun and hip, but would like to have room and privacy and a patio. We don't enjoy the club scene, but we enjoy shopping, movie theaters, and lots of dining. We would appreciate any suggestions.
The Suburbs are just suburbs if you want a fun area of Indianapolis i would recomment Broad ripple Village for nightlife and Downtown is an area with lots of action and nightlife. Mass. Ave downtown is the nightlife corridor and apartments are avaiable for rent however it would be better if you were to buy a home.
Downtown also has a night life but if you want privacy i would recommend a home in the Old Northside or Fountain Square or someplace close to downtown to offer privacy but near the action
Also welcome to Indianapolis the next boomtown in America

Old 12-24-2011, 12:42 AM

644 posts, read 1,020,048 times
By privacy do you mean a private patio? The building directly next (same owner) to mine has 2 br with private balconies for around $800. Awesome views, just east of DT by the sanitary diner and sun king brewery. Great spot, free off street parking too! I need to change my "old northside" tag.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:02 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,153,483 times
Suburbs are a dime a dozen and all pretty much the same esp the west side in Hendricks county. For what you are looking for is either Downtown, Broad Ripple or Fountain Square.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Suburbs are a dime a dozen and all pretty much the same esp the west side in Hendricks county. For what you are looking for is either Downtown, Broad Ripple or Fountain Square.
I 2nd this.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,841 times
Thank you for all of your input. I guess to be more specific, we would like something either west of 465 or just right inside of it due to the job location. I have heard the Plainfield/Avon area is nice, but I am not sure what that entails. Yes, we would like to have a private patio because we are looking to eventually use it for grilling and to have a dog.
If someone could fill me in on the traffic around Indy, maybe we would consider moving further east into the city.
We don't mind the suburb areas, since they are more quiet. We would just like to make sure they have plenty of things to do. We are coming from a nice college town with a decent amount of entertainment, so we are mainly concerned about not downgrading.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2012 View Post
Thank you for all of your input. I guess to be more specific, we would like something either west of 465 or just right inside of it due to the job location. I have heard the Plainfield/Avon area is nice, but I am not sure what that entails. Yes, we would like to have a private patio because we are looking to eventually use it for grilling and to have a dog.
If someone could fill me in on the traffic around Indy, maybe we would consider moving further east into the city.
We don't mind the suburb areas, since they are more quiet. We would just like to make sure they have plenty of things to do. We are coming from a nice college town with a decent amount of entertainment, so we are mainly concerned about not downgrading.
Indianapolis has very good traffic even during rush hour.
Often people complain about how I-69 is during Rush hour.
Lol i ask those people to please travel around Chicago during Rush hour and come back then tell me I-69 is bad.
If your job is on the west side I-70 will take you from downtown Indianapolis to the west side if your working on the northwest side I-65 will take you from downtown to that area of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis