Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:51 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,636,009 times

Advertisements

Well if you just check out the Youngstown business incubator, and V&M Steel, as well as Turning Technologies. All just recent success stories in Youngstown all moving towards newer ways of thinking. Reading articles isn't always the best way to go. I have actually been to Elkhart. Great spirit in the town, but it was in bad shape.

I see what your article is saying, but I am talking about month overall change. Just last month. Ohio like Indiana had its fastest job growth in many years last month, just like your article stated. Indiana is doing great things, only problem is their unemployment went up last month. I will bet on it that it will go back down next month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 07:52 PM

625 posts, read 1,811,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Well if you just check out the Youngstown business incubator, and V&M Steel, as well as Turning Technologies. All just recent success stories in Youngstown all moving towards newer ways of thinking. Reading articles isn't always the best way to go. I have actually been to Elkhart. Great spirit in the town, but it was in bad shape.

I see what your article is saying, but I am talking about month overall change. Just last month. Ohio like Indiana had its fastest job growth in many years last month, just like your article stated. Indiana is doing great things, only problem is their unemployment went up last month. I will bet on it that it will go back down next month.
I see. Ya that makes sense then. I think overall, after years of pessimistic outlooks, Ohio and Indiana seem to have bright futures as old companies of the past are reinventing the way they do business. Most of these are manufacturing companies and in order to survive, they have to modify their current way of doing business to succeed. I would really like to see the Great Lakes region thrive again, because there is so much potential in this area. It just has to rethink their priorities and old traditional ways. I wouldn't want to move anywhere else.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:03 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,636,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr18 View Post
I see. Ya that makes sense then. I think overall, after years of pessimistic outlooks, Ohio and Indiana seem to have bright futures as old companies of the past are reinventing the way they do business. Most of these are manufacturing companies and in order to survive, they have to modify their current way of doing business to succeed. I would really like to see the Great Lakes region thrive again, because there is so much potential in this area. It just has to rethink their priorities and old traditional ways. I wouldn't want to move anywhere else.
Exactly. I already like what I am seeing in Indiana and Ohio. Columbus and Indianapolis are two of some of the fastest growing regions in the northern half of the country. We both have some great university systems (University of Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Butler, Xavier, University of Cincinnati, Ohio State, Oberlin, Case Western, Ohio University, etc), great state park systems, lots of history, old and new cities, large populations, and new ways of thinking. Not to mention the amount of fortune 500 companies located in each state.

I don't live too far from Indiana, and my neighbors are from Fort Wayne. Great people; remind me a lot of Ohioans. I am from Pennsylvania, and recently moved to Dayton because I work for Caresource and our company is expanding like crazy (just built a highrise in Downtown Dayton). We have some offices that have went over into Columbus, Indiana. I have to drive over there quite a bit. Ohio and Indiana could be twins.

This decade is going to be great for both states.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:25 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,987,191 times
My business relies upon people having expendable income and it has seen a steady pickup in business since October of last year. Business isn't "great" but it is getting better. I think the economy is showing sure signs of improving.

The one thing which I don't believe anyone saw ahead of time is that at least here in Fort Wayne, road construction commenced on too many major routes all at the same time which definitely hurts retail sales for those of us on those routes. It might have seemed like a good idea on paper to employ a ton of construction workers to expand roads, but doing so at the cost of local retail business wasn't the brightest idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana