Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2010, 12:59 PM

3 posts, read 6,245 times

Advertisements

I grew up in the Bloomington area and am considering a move back to Indiana with my boyfriend (a Chrysler Technician). We are trying to find an area within a 30-minute commute to a good Chrysler dealership, a family-friendly environment with good schools, a reasonable distance to a good fishing spot, decent but not too expensive housing, and a rural environment that isn't too far from a city.

Bloomington is in the running, but I wanted to get some feedback on other possibilities too. Any thoughts? I have been looking into Avon, Columbus, Fishers, Fort Wayne, Greenwood, and Shelbyville. So far they all look fine, but I have no way to compare them. Feedback on the Chrylser dealerships would be particularly helpful.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 02:43 PM

196 posts, read 696,850 times
I know several folks in Bloomington who have purchased their Chrysler products in Martinsville. I told the Bloomington dealership about 10 years ago that I would not be a repeat customer.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:47 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
I {{{heart}}} my Chrysler dealership here in Columbus!

Old 04-01-2010, 12:59 PM

Location: Indianapolis, IN with offices throughout Central IN servicing the whole US>
40 posts, read 121,290 times
Fishers, Greenwood and Avon all have good schools and are obviously close to Indianapolis amenities. All 3 have great family neighborhoods. Greenwood and Avon would most likely be more affordable than Fishers.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:57 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,113,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassygrrl View Post
Bloomington is in the running, but I wanted to get some feedback on other possibilities too. Any thoughts? I have been looking into Avon, Columbus, Fishers, Fort Wayne, Greenwood, and Shelbyville. So far they all look fine, but I have no way to compare them. Feedback on the Chrylser dealerships would be particularly helpful.

Thanks!
IMO you are kind of comparing apples to oranges. Fishers and Greenwood both "feel" like suburbs of Indianapolis (yes even though they started out as small towns in their own right....they've been kind of swallowed-up). They have the traffic and the big box stores and the "suburban" feel.

Avon....a little less so, in my very lmited experience (hopefully some Avon peeps will show up and chime in).

Columbus and Shelbyville each still feel like a small (ish) town to me. Enough amenities for day-to-day living, with a larger cities w/in driving distance. Both are still surrounded by plenty of open space and agriculture.

Fort Wayne and Bloomington are both "small cities" in my mind. I was in Bloomington this afternoon, and while I enjoy that town overall, I was struck by the amount of automobile traffic as opposed to my small(er) town of Columbus. These small cities definitely offer more in terms of shopping, dining and cultural activites however.

Sooo...I think you need to define your parameters a bit more. Do you want Suburban? Rural? Small town? or Small City? Each has a very different vibe.

Good luck and best wishes.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 AM

3 posts, read 6,245 times
Thanks everybody! The parameters will be defined a bit more when we see which Chrysler dealership is hiring, but your feedback has been very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana