Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 07:49 AM

10 posts, read 32,303 times

Advertisements

My husband has taken a job in new albany, right near Louisville Ky, Not sure where to live. We did visit the Foyds Central High School and want to make sure our daughter goes there. We looked into georgetown, and sellersburg...we now looking at a new house located at 2022 Leanders Rd Floyds Knobs, IN 47119 it said it is the charlotte ridge area.
Does anyone know anything about this new little street or area.... someone told my husband to stay away from georgtown area, i liked some of the houses we saw there, but i have heard something about a smell, and water problems. Is this true ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 03:13 PM

797 posts, read 2,338,014 times
There are some nice places in the country near Georgetown, but Georgetown itself always seemed kind of run down to me. If I was moving to the area, it would not be my first choice.

The specific address you listed doesn't come up with a location when I put it in the online map, but I searched for it and if I'm correct it looks like this is a new development just NE of where Paoli Pike splits off from US 150 near Pembroke Park. There is a good mix of wooded patches and open fields in this general area and there is still a fairly rural feel even though you will only be about 20 minutes or so from downtown Louisville. This specific address is, however, in one of the larger 'suburban' style residential neighborhoods in this area though and I expect that rural feel may change a bit over the next 10-15 years, but we'll see. You won't have much in the way of major shopping here, but will have all the necessities (ie grocery, gas, pharmacy, and a few restaurants) in a very reasonable distance. This location should also put your daughter at Floyd Central which is a fantastic school.

Although this is a Floyds Knobs address, it is on the far western end of that designation. This means it's not nearly as hilly as the heart of the actual knobs which lies between this address and New Albany. It also means that you will be closer to the middle class and rural folks as opposed to the part of Floyds Knobs where some of the most affluent folk live. There are, however, still some very nice homes nearby and isn't a shabby looking area at all.

This area should also be very safe and quiet. If you have any other specific questions about this neighborhood or things to do in the southern Indiana region in general, please post them or send me a PM. I'm from the area will do my best to answer.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:59 AM

Thank you for the reply. Our house is not selling here in Florida. My husband is already living there in a small apartment. I may have move up before selling our home, this means we may have to rent a home. I am having a hard time finding rental homes in any area that my daughter will go to Floyd Central. What is the best way to search for this. Thanks for you help!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:51 AM

231 posts, read 701,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanstratten View Post
Thank you for the reply. Our house is not selling here in Florida. My husband is already living there in a small apartment. I may have move up before selling our home, this means we may have to rent a home. I am having a hard time finding rental homes in any area that my daughter will go to Floyd Central. What is the best way to search for this. Thanks for you help!

Knobs Pointe Apartments (http://www.knobspointeapartments.com/index.html - broken link)
Here's an apartment complex you could check out...not sure what school they go to though.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 AM

hoping to find a rental house....

Old 03-18-2010, 08:29 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,243,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanstratten View Post
hoping to find a rental house....
You may not be able to find a rental in New Albany.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,505 times
Hi everyone,
I am planning to move to new albany,IN (floyd mem hosp employee). I do not know anything about the area... I'd like to be near good schools for my middle school and high school kids and 10-15 min away from the hosp if possible. how is,safety wise, new albany anyway?
Thank you much
LD

Old 03-24-2010, 08:32 PM

jvanstratten: I'm going to echo that finding a house rental in the Floyd Central High school district may be difficult. Most of that area is still pretty semi-rural so either the houses are very old long term residents who aren't going anywhere or much newer people who didn't build or buy homes there to rent them. There may be more house rentals in the New Albany City limits. If you want to search around the internet for a place in the Floyd District, you might try looking under the town names of Floyds Knobs, Galena, or Greenville to start.

ldinunno: New Albany is pretty safe. If you cross the river on I-64 into Louisville, however, the west end of Louisville is probably the roughest place in the metro. I think the river has kept a lot of that separated from New Albany though. New Albany schools are okay, but Floyd Central is a little better. Due to state budget issues there have been some cuts though and 3 or 4 of the intermediate schools in Floyd County have been closed/consolidated with others. Good luck to you.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:22 PM

So here we are, 10 months after my last post, and now it's me that's looking to rent in this area. Life's kind of funny, huh? I just accepted a job and will be moving in late May or early June. I'm pretty familiar with the area, but wanted to see if anyone had any new information about any home rentals in the general area of New Albany to Galena.

I'm currently leaning toward Knobs Pointe apartments for now, but if anyone had any knowledge of a house for rent or another apartment place you've had a great experience with I would love to hear about it. I'd like to keep the rent at or under $1000/month. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:16 PM

I noticed someone repped one of these last posts from a few years ago. Just in case anyone was taking this as advice, Knobs Pointe was not where I ended up as it was kind of a hole. The club house has been redone and was decent with good views of Louisville, but the apartments themselves were run down. Think twice when looking there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana