Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 08:22 AM

6 posts, read 15,200 times

Advertisements

HI everybody,

We are planning a move from AZ (hate it) to Indiana or Missouri. Leaning more towards Indiana.

I need a safe town great schools and a place to live and operate a race team. We own an open wheel sprint and midget team. And as all race fans know the midwest is the place to be for open wheel racing on dirt. I would like to have a quiet area close to Indy for work but not to close. I guess a 30 minute commute or less?

I have been to Indy a few times. Back in the quarter midget days at the fair grounds. I noticed the area there looks a little rough?

How is Avon? What other areas? How is the cost or living? Are people nicer there, because people here are just rude!!! How are the schools? Here they are raned 50th out of 50! YIKES!

I need a house with some land 2-5 acrea? and a shop! Looking to spend 250-350. Is that plausable? Who are the great real estate agents there.

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch
Melissa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 10:00 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,535,702 times
I am out of that era of my life (I photographed sprints on dirt and every class down to stock cars for years.) and my ex-husband races modified late models.

We live in Zionsville. His home track is Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, Indiana, about an hour west of Indy.

I also photographed Bloomington Speedway and Kokomo Speedway because the drive was reasonable for me.

Depending how much garage space you need, whether in a commercial area (race teams all over the place) or at home (race teams all over the place); as long as you have a good relationship with your neighbors (I talked to every neighbor and let them know that if the engine was fired, it would only be 20 minutes.) We never had any trouble about people complaining about the noise.

The men my ex races with lived in Lebanon, Avon, Plainfield, Brownsburg, Whitestown, all safe towns with across the board school districts. I would check out Cloverdale for room to roam, especially if it is not necessary for you to live near Indy.

Best of luck and happy racing.

The Fairgrounds is a very rough area and is an unfortunate representation of Indianapolis. The only reason we ever set foot in that place was for the (what the heck is the class called that are HUGE sprint cars? Can't remember.)

Other dirt race tracks that we had no worries about driving too:

Brownstown Speedway
Eldora Speedway

Last edited by MainStreet; 03-04-2008 at 10:14 AM..

Old 03-04-2008, 10:15 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,735,081 times
I am a Realtor, living in Avon, and we have O'Reilly Raceway park just North of us. I don't really know the ins and outs of racing, but I do know properties. I can look some up for you and e-mail them to you so you can sort of get an idea of what you might be getting yourself into in this area. Just send me a direct message with your e-mail and what you need, and I will help you find it!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 AM

91 posts, read 316,237 times
Hitmenracing,
Well Melissa, you are right up my alley. I love racing and also a Realtor in the Columbus Indiana area home of Tony Stewart of course. Columbus and the outskirts is a wonderful place to live. Lots of race fans here!!! Housing is affordable, schools are great, (GreatSchools.net) commute is about 30-45 minutes to Indianapolis, and there are many nice homes for viewing. If you would like to direct message me I will show you some homes that may fit your criteria.

Thank you,
Julie Lashley

Old 03-04-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiJayne View Post
I am a Realtor, living in Avon, and we have O'Reilly Raceway park just North of us. I don't really know the ins and outs of racing, but I do know properties. I can look some up for you and e-mail them to you so you can sort of get an idea of what you might be getting yourself into in this area. Just send me a direct message with your e-mail and what you need, and I will help you find it!
I am kindly interjecting that O'Reilly is a paved oval and a paved drag strip and not dirt. But Avon is easy, heck all of Indianapolis is easy. This is an easy part of the country to live in.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieL View Post
Hitmenracing,
Well Melissa, you are right up my alley. I love racing and also a Realtor in the Columbus Indiana area home of Tony Stewart of course. Columbus and the outskirts is a wonderful place to live. Lots of race fans here!!! Housing is affordable, schools are great, (GreatSchools.net) commute is about 30-45 minutes to Indianapolis, and there are many nice homes for viewing. If you would like to direct message me I will show you some homes that may fit your criteria.

Thank you,
Julie Lashley
I have to agree with this. Columbus is lovely and there are tons of racers (see Bloomington...see Brownstown....)

Old 03-04-2008, 03:43 PM

6 posts, read 15,200 times
Thanks everybody for you help!!
It is so very needed and useful!!!
Melissa
Hitmenracing

Old 03-04-2008, 06:12 PM

1,099 posts, read 3,735,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
I am kindly interjecting that O'Reilly is a paved oval and a paved drag strip and not dirt. But Avon is easy, heck all of Indianapolis is easy. This is an easy part of the country to live in.
Thats why I threw in that I don't know a lot about racing. I wasn't sure if O'Reilley was the kind of track she would need. When I was a kid in NW IN, I went to the dirt track, but I don't remember much about it.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiJayne View Post
Thats why I threw in that I don't know a lot about racing. I wasn't sure if O'Reilley was the kind of track she would need. When I was a kid in NW IN, I went to the dirt track, but I don't remember much about it.
That's why I said I was "kindly interjecting."

Old 05-13-2008, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,601 times
out in the Louisville paragon areas are nice and you can get land there in Avon the land is more expensive whatever you do dont go to cloverdale in because there utility's are outrageous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana