Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 06:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,451 times

Advertisements

I currently live in SW Cincy, just off route 50 and it looks like I will be moving to Versailles. I have done a search and found a little information on the area, but still have a few questions.

1. Is it a safe area? This is the main reason I am fleeing Cincinnati. Any place I can afford to rent, which is limited to subsidized housing, either has a waiting list many years long or is in the middle of a war zone. I found a clean, well maintained (at least the pictures of the place indicate so) senior and disabled building and they have an opening. Of course I will go there first to check it out, but other than property crimes and crimes that won't affect the innocent is this town pretty save?

2. Can anyone comment on whether or not there are any good, orthodox, Catholic Churches in the area? I see the nearest Catholic Church is in Osgood. Is it an orthodox and active community? Would you recommend another within driving distance?

3. Are there any gun clubs in the area with shooting ranges? I think there is a primitive weapons only one in Friendship I have heard of, but I am looking for a comprehensive club.

I have a work at home job for a tech company (think of crossing a certain fruit with a computer and you'll know which one) and I must have FAST, RELIABLE internet service. I see Comcast services Versailles. I know nothing about them or their service record here. Can anyone comment? I am not allowed satellite internet by company rules. Their rates I guess I can call and find out, but their reliability they're not going to give straight poop on.

I know Versailles is not the most happening place in the world from what I have read. I have always wanted to try small town living though, a place where you know people and they know you. I know enough to know not to come here without a job. That I do have, little pay though it is, and I will be here for two years max. I am going to school via distance education for medical coding. As soon as I am certified I can afford to live where I want. Right now though I need to find a subsidized apartment and quick. I take care of an elderly relative in her home in exchange for rent and she has lung cancer and has been offered hospice care, so I know my time here is short.

Can you think of anything I should know??

BillTheSlink
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
View detailed profiles of: