Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 PM

9,000 posts, read 17,464,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy18 View Post
I guess NYC was foolish to build all those bridges then. What if a hurricane comes and wipes them all out?
Look...........This is the comment that I was responding too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Honestly this is a major issue and Louisville will end up like detroit by cutting its metro in half and not doing something to fix this issue.
If you have any arguments to support that comment, I would love to hear it. Otherwise, I am not interested in your badgering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 01:10 PM

261 posts, read 505,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Look...........This is the comment that I was responding too:

If you have any arguments to support that comment, I would love to hear it. Otherwise, I am not interested in your badgering.

I don't care about the comment you were responding to, I care about your comment yourself. For the 12th time, you yourself stated ""Louisville should not and does not care about whether these towns in Indiana have access to Louisville"

Anyone with a first grade reading comprehension ability or above is going to take that statement to mean what it says, which is that people in Louisville don't care about towns in Indiana having access to Louisville. Your comments in your 1:51 PM post continued to backup that assertion. BrG's initial post is completely irrelevant to the discussion me and you were having, which is whether Louisville needs more bridges or not. I don't care if BrG's post is what prompted you to say that people who live in Indiana that work in Kentucky should move to Kentucky, because I was choosing to address your statement and not his. I disagreed with your statement and whatever prompted you to make the statement in the first place is immaterial to the context of my post.

I, as someone who lived in the Louisville area for about 20 years, am trying to have a rational discussion about transportation in the Louisville area. I'm sorry for not realizing that you, an Indy resident, would be so overly sensitive on the issue. You're entitled to whatever opinion on the issue that you want. But I disagreed with what you said and was just trying to have a regular debate.

So it's "badgering" to not agree with your statements about Louisville? No, I don't agree with BroadRipple guy's statement that Louisville will end up like Detroit, but I disagree with your statement that people from Louisville don't care if people from Indiana have access or not. How is this so complex to understand? Let's stop with the sideshow drama and continue a rational discussion about transportation in Louisville.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:11 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,624,801 times
Quote:
Then you're stuck. Take some happy pills and don't complain.
I don't think anybody's complaining about the distance, but the time should be reasonable. I don't think anyone expects zero congestion, but it should be tolerable. My only point is that urbanistas like you are quick to criticize suburbanites who complain about congested commute routes ("It was your choice to live there"), but many times work and home become geographically displaced from one other due to forces beyond one's control.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I don't think anybody's complaining about the distance, but the time should be reasonable. I don't think anyone expects zero congestion, but it should be tolerable. My only point is that urbanistas like you are quick to criticize suburbanites who complain about congested commute routes ("It was your choice to live there"), but many times work and home become geographically displaced from one other due to forces beyond one's control.
But on the same token, no one put a gun to anyone's head and said, ok, all 100,000 of you at once move to Hamilton County.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:41 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,624,801 times
Quote:
But on the same token, no one put a gun to anyone's head and said, ok, all 100,000 of you at once move to Hamilton County.
No, but it happens for a reason. You may not like the reasons, but that's life. And someday when you have children, you may change your mind as well.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
No, but it happens for a reason. You may not like the reasons, but that's life. And someday when you have children, you may change your mind as well.
Maybe..........maybe not. There are plenty of options for those of us in the IPS district that do not require paying all of our money to a private school. Will I stick around long enough to use those? Who knows.......

Old 05-11-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Maybe..........maybe not. There are plenty of options for those of us in the IPS district that do not require paying all of our money to a private school. Will I stick around long enough to use those? Who knows.......
.........and I will add that I didn't dive into property ownership in Center Township with a blind eye. I've done my research, I know my options. One does not have to move to Carmel or Brownsburg or New Pal for schools. I assume that is what you are getting at.

If it is kids in the area you are worried about, don't worry. There are too many kids on my street as it is now. Playing with other kids on the block won't be a problem.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:41 PM

40 posts, read 84,049 times
I've lived in Louisville and Indiana both. A lot of people in Kentucky make comments about southern Indiana. The usual "it's flat and boring" stuff (totally not true at all... there's nothing flat OR boring about southern Indiana, I used to drive over there all the time to see crazy beautiful wild stuff.) They also love to put down Lexington, for some reason (though people in Lexington also love to put down Lexington..... never been clear why that town has such low self-esteem.) Not being unkind to Louisville: it's a great town, I think people in general just have to play off somebody else to make themselves interesting and superior. I moved to North Carolina from Louisville... folks down here are pretty thoroughly convinced that everybody else in the entire US outside of New York and San Francisco are hideous fat rednecks with big guns, Kentucky and Indiana both. Carolina is like little New York. Same bad attitudes. My brother lives in Louisiana and says Louisianians are exactly the same way. Why would ever want to live anywhere else.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:40 PM

174 posts, read 545,057 times
Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. If I get a job in Louisville, I will live on the Kentucky side. In my mind, it is like the folks who gets jobs in downtown Indianapolis, then complain about their commute from Noblesville. You want a shorter commute, live closer to your work.
Well what if someone is working in Downtown Louisville? It would make more sense then to live in Jeffersonville than in Jeffersontown. It is closer after all.

Regardless, public transportation is way behind the times and an efficient system of rapid transit serving the Louisville Metro Area is sorely needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana