Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2019, 05:51 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,908,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
EXACTLY. The deficit is approaching 1 Trillion dollars under Individual 1, Mr. Trump. Why? Tax cuts to the very wealthy and aid to those harmed by his tariffs. All the Republican extremists on this thread need to blame themselves for this disaster.
The only time Republicans care about deficit spending is when they are not the party doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 10:38 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,763,810 times
That's ok, we'll just sit and watch as the Demogogues continue to destroy Illinois. But we appreciate your input. Just take a real deep breath......you'll need it.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:58 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,923,056 times
the politicians have already destroyed the state; no demagoguery needed...

Old 08-27-2019, 03:36 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Seeing some pretty big price drops this week in high end listings that have been sitting on the market. I guess people are getting nervous because Labor Day is coming.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:13 PM

99 posts, read 70,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Seeing some pretty big price drops this week in high end listings that have been sitting on the market. I guess people are getting nervous because Labor Day is coming.
I am so glad I got my move knocked out when I did. Both because I have a feeling this winter is going to suck and would be a nightmare to move in, and also because Kenosha and Walworth County are both rapidly becoming insanity for those looking for a place. I have a coworker looking for a place up here and all the good ones reasonably close to the border are under contract within days of being listed. I played that game for awhile myself, and it’s so soul crushing to find a place you love only to have it snatched up because you did not follow your gut and pull the trigger on it when you should have. Supply and demand has made it a total sellers market. Ask any Real Estate agent who works this area.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:15 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,923,056 times
the problem is anyone stuck with a house they can't sell in Illinois, has to carry 2 or more mortgages until they find a sucker who wants to buy a house in Illinois..
How much less expensive are houses in Kenosha/Racine now?

Old 08-27-2019, 07:47 PM

Just use an app like Zillow, Redfin, or something similar and you can get a feel for the market. If you are looking to buy you really don’t need a realtor IMHO. I had several try to work with me and all immediately wanted a signed buyers agreement for 3% before they would show me properties. I did things on my own accord for a tiny fraction of that, with admittedly a great deal more leg work.

The only places up here to be avoided really is the immediate Lake Geneva and Delavan areas.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:12 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,258,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnigmaMachine View Post

The only places up here to be avoided really is the immediate Lake Geneva and Delavan areas.
My goodness this is a lot of newbie rambling.

Why would someone want to ‘avoid’ those areas when I believe you said something about your boss moving from Inverness to Lake Geneva(?)

Old 08-27-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
My goodness this is a lot of newbie rambling.

Why would someone want to ‘avoid’ those areas when I believe you said something about your boss moving from Inverness to Lake Geneva(?)
He did, and it’s not really to my liking, either from a real estate value nor living situation standpoint. Drive through town on Saturday this weekend and you will see why. You can get a great deal more bang for your buck elsewhere.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:22 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,258,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnigmaMachine View Post
He did, and it’s not really to my liking, either from a real estate value nor living situation standpoint. Drive through town on Saturday this weekend and you will see why. You can get a great deal more bang for your buck elsewhere.
Bang for your buck is subjective. Many of us aren’t looking for 5 acres and a mule like you are. We require things to be easier to access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois