Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 07:31 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,422 times

Advertisements

I didn't put this in Chicago because I feel as though Chicago sports represents all of Illinois.

Now I am not a huge Bears fan, definetely not a Cubs fan at all, but Chicago Fire and the Blackhawks/Wolves, plus the Bulls and Sox are some teams I love to watch.

But the Hawks have been doing AWESOME this year, and I thought they deserve some applause from those of you living in Illinois that enjoy watching a good hockey game. I would recommend anyone to go to a Hawks game, only 10 bucks for the upper seating and the fans make or break the game. You have a lot more fun with a bunch of screaming 300 level fans in my opinion, and you can't beat the cheap ticket costs. Even if you aren't a big hockey fan, it is still exciting to go to. The stadium is one of the best I have been to in the country for any sport.

I am looking forward to a good season for the Bulls this year, they did great the last two years in a row and I think they have an awesome lineup this year and can make it far. I do not expect to see a finals win, but I think they are slowly working their team toward that goal.

Da Bears are losers as always, could care less about them and I only hope they lose more games so their largely loyal fan base will shut the hell up at my work. I work at a gym, and it is amazing to me how obnoxious these guys can be, especially when they are winning. You can go from WOW THEY BEAT THE EAGLES WE GOT US A SUPERBOWL TEAM!!! to them losing just the week before and crying about how they can't get a decent QB. Not meaning to offend anyone here, but realism needs to set in. Only way the Bears are going to ever get close to the Superbowl again is if the fans can get a reality check and pressure the franchise to make some changes. Defensive side is lacking this year, which is what they had going for them last year.

But cheers to the Hawks and Bulls, and hoping that the Sox can make some successful changes/trades and come back from a horribly embarrassing season.

And heres hoping that Chicago exports the Cubs off to another city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 08:25 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Why dont you show up at a Hawks game and proclaim your hate for the Bears and Cubs... youll get treated worse than a Detroilet fan. Id be one of them yelling at you too.

Click to play video (home opener against the Wangs):

Old 10-23-2007, 10:15 AM

384 posts, read 1,132,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Why dont you show up at a Hawks game and proclaim your hate for the Bears and Cubs... youll get treated worse than a Detroilet fan. Id be one of them yelling at you too.

Click to play video (home opener against the Wangs):
That, right there, is precisely why I love going to Hawks games.

But I still disagree about the Bears and the Cubs. Only thing Cubs got going for them is their women fans. And the only good thing the Bears got going for them is 1985.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
That, right there, is precisely why I love going to Hawks games.

But I still disagree about the Bears and the Cubs. Only thing Cubs got going for them is their women fans. And the only good thing the Bears got going for them is 1985.
The Cubs are a great team, whether you like them or not. They have alot of talent, give them time (er, even more time lol).

The Bears also have alot of talent. Theyre struggling this year, who doesnt struggle? And they have ALOT more than just 1985. Perhaps you should actually learn a little about the Bears, maybe then you would respect them a bit more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois