Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2006, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 13,523 times

Advertisements

Hello-I'm interested finding an apartment in or around the Quincy area and I'm having some problems finding one online. Can someone please tell me the names of the local newspapers so that maybe I can look there. I need a small apartment with a small kitchen, access to a washer/dryer, and parking. I've never been to Quincy or even Illinois actually. I'm interested in eventually buying some hunting land or a small house that's within driving distance to the trophy deer hunting areas of pike-adams- brown counties. I plan on staying most of the deer hunting season and hunting often. As of now I don't have a place to live, a place to hunt, or even know anyone I just have a hunting license. Circumstances beyond my control just seem to keep preventing me from getting there. But I'm determined. Anyone looking for a partner to buy some hunting land or go hunting??? I would hate to just come out there cold turkey and live in a hotel until I find something. Even if I had to work for a farmer to get access to some good property and maybe rent a room from him would be great. I live in New York and finding a friend or a hunting partner out there would be a plus+++++. Thanks..
Jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2006, 05:01 PM

28 posts, read 416,367 times
Default whitetail

Hi Jon, I'm up at the IL/ Wi border (1 hr north of Chicago) and a hunter as well. I've hunted the "Golden Triangle" (Pike, Adams, Hancock). It's pretty nice habitat, but frankly, the prices are getting high there for hunting property (minimum $4000/ac), and the pressure is getting higher. If you're looking for prospective hunts/ property in Illinois, I'd recommend looking towards South/ Southeast Illinois. Cheaper land and even more deer with less hunting pressure. If your interested in a semi guided deer hunt in Hancock county or White county, I can recommend some outfitters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: