Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 11:53 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I think one problem is that illegal aliens are entitled to a hearing. I really can't figure out why. Either you're here legally, or you're not. I don't know what's to discuss beyond that. Is there such a thing as 'just a little bit illegal' which needs determination by a court as to whether they're illegal enough to be deported??
No, it depends if the alien has the ability to contest their removal, and whether they chose to do so. The criteria for that is at least ten years' presence within the United States. A Mexican illegal alien doing a "Voluntary Departure" (not contesting their removal) would be on the next bus after they processed (fingerprints and photo taken).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 01:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms411 View Post
i believe that they have just as much right as we do. as us citizens we shouldnt be so rude and disrespectful, how would you all feel if you were chased out of your country because someone is trying to kill you and your family? yea im sure you wouldnt like it at all.
For people that is happening to they can come as refugees. Mexicans and other Latinos are not being chased out of their countries and threatened with death for the most part. They are just coming here for the benefits and jobs. How is it rude and disrespectful to enforce our immigration laws? If anyone is being rude and disrespectful it is illegal aliens.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 PM

387 posts, read 591,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<,how many arrests and deportations have happened?>>

I think one problem is that illegal aliens are entitled to a hearing. I really can't figure out why. Either you're here legally, or you're not. I don't know what's to discuss beyond that. Is there such a thing as 'just a little bit illegal' which needs determination by a court as to whether they're illegal enough to be deported??
It's called due process Lots of people are guilty of crime that can be proven in 5 mins that don't mean they aren't entitled to a free trial Only aliens who overstay their visa waiver can be deported without being seen by an Immigration Judge Lots of aliens are entitled for cancellation of removal due to
family reasons like having a US Citizen wife or a US citizen kid

Old 11-02-2011, 08:02 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
Only aliens who overstay their visa waiver can be deported without being seen by an Immigration Judge Lots of aliens are entitled for cancellation of removal due to
family reasons like having a US Citizen wife or a US citizen kid
I suggest you look up and read IBMMuesums comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Quote:
:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy
No, it depends if the alien has the ability to contest their removal, and whether they chose to do so. The criteria for that is at least ten years' presence within the United States. A Mexican illegal alien doing a "Voluntary Departure" (not contesting their removal) would be on the next bus after they processed (fingerprints and photo taken).

Old 11-03-2011, 11:41 AM

589 posts, read 757,372 times
ICE said said ok we have alot of calls coming in. Then points to Janet Pelosi...Talk to her about it. Janet says : Viva Illegals!

End of story.

Dont blame ICE im sure most of them love their job and think of it as protecting the US in a way. Blame the boss at the top who is tying their hands and would fire them for doing their job.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
ICE said said ok we have alot of calls coming in. Then points to Janet Pelosi...Talk to her about it. Janet says : Viva Illegals!

End of story.

Dont blame ICE im sure most of them love their job and think of it as protecting the US in a way. Blame the boss at the top who is tying their hands and would fire them for doing their job.
Uh, it is Janet Napilatano, not Pelosi. Nancy Peloski is a congresswoman while Janet is head of Homeland Security. Both equal traitors to our country IMO.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:39 PM

782 posts, read 1,109,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms411 View Post
i believe that they have just as much right as we do. as us citizens we shouldnt be so rude and disrespectful, how would you all feel if you were chased out of your country because someone is trying to kill you and your family? yea im sure you wouldnt like it at all.
\

Yea, I think I smell a troll too Amy. Actually, this tail chasing blather sounds like Rock with a new name!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration