Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 06:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,702,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
PHOENIX - Many of the cars that once stopped in the Home Depot parking lot to pick up day laborers to hang drywall or do landscaping now just drive on by.

"Nobody wants to pick us up," Julio Loyola Diaz says in Spanish as he and dozens of other men wait under the shade of palo verde trees and lean against a low brick wall outside the east Phoenix home improvement store.
Ariz. law could drive day laborers out - Life- msnbc.com

It'll be interesting to watch how this law affects the local economy. I wonder if we'll see an increase in wages for U.S. citizens who want to work in construction in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 06:19 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,539,091 times
I am happy for one to see this taking place in Arizona and plan to the best of my ability to contribute to Arizona's economy, as I did for NY after 911. An expected adjustment will smooth over with final normalcy once more.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:38 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ariz. law could drive day laborers out - Life- msnbc.com

It'll be interesting to watch how this law affects the local economy. I wonder if we'll see an increase in wages for U.S. citizens who want to work in construction in Arizona.
Tough call. Why I say that since we are dealing with the worst downturn since the 1930's and even if all the illegals left.........there would still be quite a few American/green card holder construction workers out of work

Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,244,067 times
Lets see, who will miss the day laborers?
Scumbags who are too cheap to hire a licensed contractor.
Scumbags who are too lazy or too stupid to do their own yard work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration