Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:10 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times

Advertisements

This is outrageous! The IRS and other federal agencies have an exclusive contract with UPS. Thus, confidential documents, including tax returns, are sent via UPS. When the IRS sends documents to their various service centers, they are not sent via USPS, they MUST be sent via UPS.

If UPS is employing illegal aliens, they are entrusting our personal information to known ID thieves and frauds. Who knows how many SSNs have been “borrowed” by illegals with access to this sensitive data.

Quote:
Leaders of a Latino grass-roots organization in DuPage County are denouncing a United Parcel Service policy they say could cost many longtime workers their jobs.

Cristobal Cavazos, coordinator of Immigrant Solidarity DuPage, called on UPS Thursday to "opt out" of a system to reverify workers' Social Security numbers. :

Cavazos said an estimated 200 workers at UPS facilities in Addison, Palatine, Chicago and Joliet fear they will be fired.

"Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection
Daily Herald | Latino leaders protest at UPS Addison (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=368547 - broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 03-29-2010 at 06:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 07:20 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
And Hispanics as a group are wondering why prejudice is increasing against them since so many of the American ones protect illegal aliens.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And Hispanics as a group are wondering why prejudice is increasing against them since so many of the American ones protect illegal aliens.
It’s absolutely sickening. These ethnocentric groups will protect illegals at any cost. Let these IA peddlers boycott UPS. It will only highlight this insanity.

Apparently these are also jobs Americans won’t do.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:45 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,337,719 times
"These are workers with seniority, who are a part of the community... (and who have) done nothing but show up for work faithfully," Cavazos said.

They have done nothing but show up for work? Is he kidding? They have obviously violated our immigration laws, committed fraud by falsifying papers to work in this country, took a job that Americans will do and who knows what else. I agree, the Hispanic community needs to start standing up for the rule of law rather than some ethnocentric agenda by defending illegal aliens and their crimes.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:23 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,842,756 times
Wait a minute...

You got one guy, claiming that maybe, there might be 200 workers "harmed" if the E verify.

Let UPS E-Vewrify...then EVERYBODY will know exactlly...IF ANY workers are not supposed to be working there.

One guy gives a News confrence and he speaks for all hispanics working at UPS?

give me a break...He speaks for himself...period.

One guy with a sign and all latinos get crapped on.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Wait a minute...

You got one guy, claiming that maybe, there might be 200 workers "harmed" if the E verify.

Let UPS E-Vewrify...then EVERYBODY will know exactlly...IF ANY workers are not supposed to be working there.

One guy give a News confrence and he speaks for all hispanics working at UPS?

give me a break...He speaks for himself...period.

One guy with a sign and all latinos get crapped on.
This “one guy” represents a Latino advocacy group. Also, would you care to quote the “crapping on all Latinos” comments? I completely missed them.

No, I only “crap on” the Latinos who “crap on” this country. If you aren’t one of the crappers, you need not worry.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:32 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,759,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s absolutely sickening. These ethnocentric groups will protect illegals at any cost. Let these IA peddlers boycott UPS. It will only highlight this insanity.

Apparently these are also jobs Americans won’t do.
According to a buddy of mine who worked for UPS, it was one of the better paying jobs with benefits for Americans with no secondary education--whether delivering or sorting packages.

In a time of great economic need nationwide, UPS is employing illegal aliens? I frequently use them to ship either Amazon or Ebay--if they cave to the illegal aliens and their spokesholes, that stops now.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
This is outrageous! The IRS and other federal agencies have an exclusive contract with UPS. Thus, confidential documents, including tax returns, are sent via UPS. When the IRS sends documents to their various service centers, they are not sent via USPS, they MUST be sent via UPS.

If UPS is employing illegal aliens, they are entrusting our personal information to known ID thieves and frauds. Who knows how many SSNs have been “borrowed” by illegals with access to this sensitive data.

Daily Herald | Latino leaders protest at UPS Addison (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=368547 - broken link)
this is your post...where do you call for E-verify to check the results?

UPS is damned if they do and damned if they dont.

if the E verify and find fraud documents, then they are intrusting info to known ID thieves...if they dont verify...then their incolusion with Pro-illegals.

cant have it both ways.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:44 AM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
According to a buddy of mine who worked for UPS, it was one of the better paying jobs with benefits for Americans with no secondary education--whether delivering or sorting packages.

In a time of great economic need nationwide, UPS is employing illegal aliens? I frequently use them to ship either Amazon or Ebay--if they cave to the illegal aliens and their spokesholes, that stops now.
Heck ya it is one of the better paying jobs. Now they want to ignore the fact that these people have been gaming the system for a long time? They should get fast tracked home after a stint in the slammer.

Fine the he** out of UPS too.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
This “one guy” represents a Latino advocacy group. Also, would you care to quote the “crapping on all Latinos” comments? I completely missed them.

No, I only “crap on” the Latinos who “crap on” this country. If you aren’t one of the crappers, you need not worry.
ths is my assesment-im intitled to my assesment...whether you like it or not, and i will not defend my assesment to you or anyone else. period
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration