Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 11:19 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,585,798 times

Advertisements

For those who claim opposition is only directed toward illegal aliens. . . .

Quote:
Some interesting results from the latest Rasmussen poll on illegal immigration show that voters overwhelmingly support conservative public policy on the issue.

U.S. voters want aggressive action to restrict illegal immigration, but they don’t think immigrants should bear the brunt of the enforcement efforts on their own. Most say the federal government and those hiring illegal immigrants also need to be brought into the discussion.

Additionally, Americans overwhelmingly support the actions taken by my Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

The new survey finds that 64% believe law enforcement officers should sometimes conduct surprise raids at places where immigrants gather to find work. An even larger number (71%) say those who do the hiring also should be arrested.
Americans blame federal government, support Sheriff Joe Arpaio on immigration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 11:22 AM

807 posts, read 1,304,524 times
YES!!! Awesome!!! Go Sheriff Joe!!!

Old 10-17-2009, 11:26 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,758,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Didn't you dispute some poll results released by the same polling company concerning legalizing those here illegally?

Quote:
But 61% are at least somewhat concerned that efforts to identify and deport illegal immigrants also will end up violating the civil rights of some U.S. citizens.
Quote:
The view that the federal government is enticing people to violate the law is consistent with earlier surveys. Among voters who are angry about immigration, 83% are angry at the federal government. Only 12% direct their anger at the immigrants.
56% Say U.S. Government Policies Encourage Illegal Immigration - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

I believe the 12 percent can be found here on city data immigration forum.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:51 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,268 times
<<Didn't you dispute some poll results released by the same polling company concerning legalizing those here illegally?>>

This is concerning a Rasmussen poll. I believe the person you're referring to was disputing a Zogby poll.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,585,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Didn't you dispute some poll results released by the same polling company concerning legalizing those here illegally?

56% Say U.S. Government Policies Encourage Illegal Immigration - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

Not this poll BS again. How many times do we have to have this discussion? NONE of the polls are 100% accurate. However, I would think that YOU would appreciate a poll from Rasmussen. It’s it in your Fave 5?

Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t. Oh well.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:07 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,758,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<Didn't you dispute some poll results released by the same polling company concerning legalizing those here illegally?>>

This is concerning a Rasmussen poll. I believe the person you're referring to was disputing a Zogby poll.
No, it was a Rasmussen poll.

Why do you guys always try to speak on behalf of other posters?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:11 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,238,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

More raids! Gitter done

Old 10-17-2009, 12:28 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,268 times
<<Why do you guys always try to speak on behalf of other posters?>>

I'm not speaking on behalf of another poster. I said "I believe," which means I'm not 100% sure, but I am 100% sure I have a right to post my thoughts, and opinions. Then too, there's always the possibility you could be wrong. Perhaps the op disputed more than one poll.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Actually we have pretty much all blamed three guilty parties and that is our government, the employers and the illegal aliens also. Your side however doesn't want to blame the illegals at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration