Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 02:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times

Advertisements

Can anyone honestly say they are surprised by the poll results? Isn’t it a no-brainer?

Quote:
Expressing frustration with the lack of action by the Obama administration and Congress, hundreds of immigration activists staged a rally Tuesday on Capitol Hill, pressing for an overhaul of the nation's immigration laws to offer a pathway to citizenship for millions of illegal immigrants living in the United States.

The event, featuring participants waving the U.S. flag and flags of several Latin American countries, coincided with the release of a new immigration-reform blueprint released by Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, Illinois Democrat and chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Immigration Task Force.

But the drive for action this year could be complicated by the results of a new poll of Mexican attitudes obtained by The Washington Times, which found that a majority of Mexicans say that if the U.S. pardons illegal immigrants, it will encourage more of them to cross the border illegally and that most Mexicans think their countrymen living in the U.S. should still owe their loyalty to Mexico.
LexisNexis News - Latest News from over 4,000 sources, including newspapers, tv transcripts, wire services, magazines, journals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 04:45 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,751,957 times
Quote:
The poll, conducted by Zogby International and commissioned by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), a group that favors stricter immigration limits, is being released Wednesday.
I guess you only like the polls that support your position.

Btw, what kind of results would you expect from a poll commissioned by the critics?

Last edited by blacknight04; 10-15-2009 at 04:55 PM..

Old 10-15-2009, 05:38 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
I recall there was a poll conducted this year that claimed that 64% of Americans want amnesty for illegal aliens and a path to citizenship (yeah, right). I wish I could remember who the polster was and who commissioned that one! Anyone? For some reason Rasmussen comes to mind. I will try to find it and post it here.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I recall there was a poll conducted this year that claimed that 64% of Americans want amnesty for illegal aliens and a path to citizenship (yeah, right). I wish I could remember who the polster was and who commissioned that one! Anyone? For some reason Rasmussen comes to mind. I will try to find it and post it here.
Benicar has always disputed the validity of polls, so i find it amusing that she is all of a sudden touting one.

Just wondering... were you polled in this one benicar?Because that is the justification you use to shoot down any poll concerning immigration that doesn't support your position.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:09 PM

50,347 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Benicar has always disputed the validity of polls, so i find it amusing that she is all of a sudden touting one.

Just wondering... were you polled in this one benicar?Because that is the justification you use to shoot down any poll concerning immigration that doesn't support your position.

Here is the polling method I use. I see a paper put out an article about illegal immigration and I read the comments on it. It's usually about 85 percent againt it. Those are the tax payers chiming in that care to read up. They are also the ones that vote.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Here is the polling method I use. I see a paper put out an article about illegal immigration and I read the comments on it. It's usually about 85 percent againt it. Those are the tax payers chiming in that care to read up. They are also the ones that vote.
Same here in Arizona and the hostility against illegals is frightening, shall we say.

About the only people who support illegals are la raza Hispanics and unreconstructed bleeding heart libs.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:29 PM

50,347 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Same here in Arizona and the hostility against illegals is frightening, shall we say.

About the only people who support illegals are la raza Hispanics and unreconstructed bleeding heart libs.
Or those that are illegal or related to one.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
1) Don't really care for your polling method

2) How do you know these anonymous comments are made by taxpayers ?

3) How do you know that they are the ones who vote?

The same assumptions you make about people who leave anonymous comments on articles on the internet can be made about those who participate in these scientific polls.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
1) Don't really care for your polling method

2) How do you know these anonymous comments are made by taxpayers ?

3) How do you know that they are the ones who vote?

The same assumptions you make about people who leave anonymous comments on articles on the internet can be made about those who participate in these scientific polls.
What you just outlined applies to both sides of the illegal alien debate.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:

No, my dear blacknight, I wasn’t polled. Nor would I expect to be polled if they were interested in the opinions of hookers. Had you bothered to read the article, you would know that the poll was conducted in Mexico with Mexican citizens. The pollsters were interested in hearing their point of view on amnesty. They are the ones who stated if their illegal countrymen were granted amnesty, they too would be more inclined to attempt that treacherous trek to the land of unlimited milk and honey.

BTW, were you polled?

Quote:
The CIS poll also found that 69 percent of Mexicans think their countrymen living in the U.S. should show their primary loyalty to Mexico, not the U.S. That finding could prove to be a problem for those who say immigrants need to do a better job of assimilating into the U.S.

The Zogby poll consisted of 1,004 in-person interviews of adults throughout Mexico. It was conducted in August and September. The poll has a margin of error of 3.1 percentage points.

Last edited by Benicar; 10-15-2009 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration