Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:47 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,835,780 times

Advertisements

I have been living in Central Florida for almost 15 years. Orlando, used to be a town with a majority white and black (some Asian and Hispanics too). But in the last 5 years or so, Central Florida has been literally invaded by illegal aliens.

The consequence of that is that pretty much every job you look for in the classifieds either REQUIRE you speak Spanish or say that they give PREFERENCE to people who Speak Spanish. In Miami, it is even worse. No Spanish is Miami means you cannot work in 90% of the jobs there. A friend from El Paso (who is also a home inspector) said in El Paso it is impossible to buy groceries or get directions on the street without speaking Spanish. University of Texas, El Paso almost requires all students to take classes taught in Spanish (meaning you have to learn science and history in Espanol).

Mind you, just having "Defensive and basic Spanish" will NOT suffice to meet most job Spanish requirement. They want clear and fluent Spanish (native spoken). No company advertising for work requiring Spanish will accept "Espanol de Gringo" which basically means "Spanish spoken by 'crakers' ". That one goes for black people too.

Oh and some jobs who REQUIRE you to speak Spanish even PAY MORE if you speak Spanish. So basically this is open discrimination in wages for Hispanics!!!

I call this a "slap on the face" to every American who is not-Hispanic. Can you imagine a US veteran coming home from Iraq and be told he cannot get a job in his or her OWN COUNTRY because he/she cannot speak a FOREIGN LANGUAGE?!?! How can we "require" Americans to speak another language, just because our Congress is too incompetent to control our borders???

What the hell is going on???? Can anyone explain???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 08:48 AM

606 posts, read 700,347 times
it's weird....
but there are two irrelevant stories.
illegal aliens should be deported or at least limited.
English can be made offical language

Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
it's weird....
but there are two irrelevant stories.
illegal aliens should be deported or at least limited.
English can be made offical language
But our Congress encourages illegal immigration and lawlessness. That is because big businesses own the Democrats and Reps and the politicians do whatever they tell them to. Have you not heard they are trying to push yet another amnesty??

When the Senate passed the amnesty last year, it was proposed that English be made the "official language of the United States" and that was voted down. Then they tried to pass a SYMBOLIC resolution making English the "most spoken language" and it didn't pass either.

So should we all be forced to speak Spanish just to be able to have a job??? Are we in America or are we in Mexico??

Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times
Not that it helps much, but central florida has a HUGE Puerto Rican population and I think the impact is from them and not necessarily illegals. It doesn't help that they refuse to learn english.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,483,877 times
Yep, just one more reason for me not to live in Florida.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd7I4 View Post
Not that it helps much, but central florida has a HUGE Puerto Rican population and I think the impact is from them and not necessarily illegals. It doesn't help that they refuse to learn english.
No, the Puerto Ricans live in East Orlando and Kirkman. They are a minority compared to the rets of the illegal alien groups.

I am talking about all the rest of the aliens that just "sprung up out of nowhere" and moved to Central Florida. There is NO WAY these guys have Green cards. I used to work for an immigration lawyers... no way, man!

Most of the aliens in south Orlando are Mexican. In West Orlando, they are Brazilian. In Sanford (north Orlando) they are Mexicans and Guatemalans.

No one wants to speak English. They call my office and DEMAND to speak to someone in Spanish (mind you, they call speaking English at first).

I only see foreign flags in Orlando these days. It is all Mexico, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, etc.

Now why should I be forced to speak Spanish just to get a job? If anyone here move to Mexico, they would be required to speak Spanish, right? So why when Mexicans come here they demand we speak their language???

Does anyone think this is fair (whether or not you want illegal alien amnesties or open borders)?

Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 AM

793 posts, read 3,124,068 times
Kudos to A FEW politicans, Pete King of Ny for one, who won't accept a "middle ground". To execute a plan is complicated, to come up with a plan isn't. ILLEGAL. End of story, nothing more needs to be said. If feasibility of executing the plan wasn't a factor, my solution would be simple: break out the paddy wagons and dump every illegal alien back in the country they came from.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Kudos to A FEW politicans, Pete King of Ny for one, who won't accept a "middle ground". To execute a plan is complicated, to come up with a plan isn't. ILLEGAL. End of story, nothing more needs to be said. If feasibility of executing the plan wasn't a factor, my solution would be simple: break out the paddy wagons and dump every illegal alien back in the country they came from.
Peter King and Tom Tancredo are some of the few people with a head in this country.

The US Senate is a disgrace and the sell-out pro-amnesty Bush will seal his presidency and go down in history as the President who screwed up America because of his dumb amnesty policies. A total waste of what could have been much better years.

Anyone else even bothered that Americans cannot get jobs now if they do not speak Spanish? Any GIs who have been turned down from jobs or been fired for not speaking Spanish???

Old 04-25-2007, 11:14 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,751,693 times
I completely agree with you (original post). Same thing happened in Las Vegas where I lived for almost 10 years. SO many illegals moved in and they snatched up the jobs and soon everyone wanted you to speak Spanish. What??? This is America. Why can't they learn to speak English and IT be required for employment? It's so backward!

Keep catering to them, that should help them assimilate and fit in. And it will help ease ethnic/racial tensions.

Not.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
I completely agree with you (original post). Same thing happened in Las Vegas where I lived for almost 10 years. SO many illegals moved in and they snatched up the jobs and soon everyone wanted you to speak Spanish. What??? This is America. Why can't they learn to speak English and IT be required for employment? It's so backward!

Keep catering to them, that should help them assimilate and fit in. And it will help ease ethnic/racial tensions.

Not.
My friend from El Paso said growing up was like 1/2 and 1/2 Hispanics and whites/blacks. Now the illegals invaded so fast, it's at least 80% Hispanic now. The whites have left in a phenomenon called "white flight". Black people are leaving El Paso too, tired of being harrassed by the majority Hispanic and the street thugs.

They don't even mention "must speak Spanish" in the newspaper as everyone already knows: No Spanish = No Job!

Has anyone been to Los Angeles lately? There is a race war going on there. So bad that hispanics and blacks have to stay on different sides of the street to avoid an all-out gangwar (see below for article).

This is what massive and out of control illegal immigration is doing to Orlando too.

Is America doomed as were the Romans were because of invasions and the destruction of their culture, religion, and language???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration