Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Waiting for the pro-illegal to announce it hurts the local economy because alcohol sales will go down because we are deporting drunks
ROFLMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 05:34 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,332 times
Quote:
Waiting for the pro-illegal to announce it hurts the local economy because alcohol sales will go down because we are deporting drunks
..or "There are NO DRUNK HUMANS....only the 'temporarily unsober' ".....

Old 07-16-2009, 06:00 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No joke there: if I were here illegally----------I would be very quiet, shall we say.
You wouldn't go back to your country? I though that's what you said illegal aliens should do.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
You wouldn't go back to your country? I though that's what you said illegal aliens should do.
I was being hypothetical here...............

And I definitely want those criminal losers (illegal aliens) to leave------------forever.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Not to get between your argument, AZ Bear and Kellem...it just struck me that at one time....20 years ago or so....illegal immigrants actually DID live here, VERY QUIETLY....and, probably as a result, they got VERY LITTLE negative attention. There was certainly nothing in those days remotely like the anger and controversy that today is seen on this forum.

Could being 'quiet' have anything to do with being 'tolerated'?....maybe...along with reasonable numbers, etc etc.

Just wanted to make that point.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Before the great `86 flop, giving them a free ride, most all illegals, lived on the farms and ranches they worked on. You didn't see them in construction or factory jobs, because if caught, they would be deported.

1986... You won't get in trouble if you sponsor your illegal. Scaring the ranchers and farmers to do it, or face jail(bluff) Once made legal, they said see ya to the farms and ranches. Once in and legal, looking for work, they got their place and some actually opened businesses, some working as subcontractors(mislabeled employees) Well, guess what? A call back home across the border, and here they come again, a bigger flood. A huge flood.

With price driven consumers, they had there anchor set, to take market share from born Americans. Now labeled "Jobs Americans don't want to do" Which is totally false. They do it for a price Americans cannot afford to live on, unless... We Americans live like they do, with big families, grand mothers/fathers, cousins and family friends all living under one roof, getting a welfare check, for each kid that pops out. It is not like 100% of the welfare for the kids, goes all to the kids.

Because of the construction jobs they take from Americans daily, they now live in their own communities, or pockets of town in already low income areas. They are not confined to the farms and ranches as they were 25 years ago, when they feared deportation. That fear no longer exists. Why?

Put that fear back into them and what will happen? Will they revolt and march in the streets waving their Mexican flag?

Something needs to happen, and happen quick, here in Austin and Texas in general. They are flooding here, like never seen before, as neighboring states put the squeeze Texas as yet to get a hand on.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,068,581 times
There are some illegals who do dumb stuff and get deported. Let them be deported.

There is the father of Gabriel Granillo, a Houston murder victim who died in a gang altercation with Ashley Benton) who missed the opportunity to be amnestied and then gets arrested for DUI. He deserved deportation.

The smart illegals don't commit other crimes and never get picked up by la migra.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
There are some illegals who do dumb stuff and get deported. Let them be deported.

There is the father of Gabriel Granillo, a Houston murder victim who died in a gang altercation with Ashley Benton) who missed the opportunity to be amnestied and then gets arrested for DUI. He deserved deportation.

The smart illegals don't commit other crimes and never get picked up by la migra.
Read that the 'smart' illegals fly under the radar----------and keep their mouths shut even if victims of robbery, assault, rape, etc.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:26 AM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Question, if an Illegal gets raped by another Illegal and the suspected rapist is from say, Mexico, can the victim report it to the Mexican consulate or Mexican authorities?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Question, if an Illegal gets raped by another Illegal and the suspected rapist is from say, Mexico, can the victim report it to the Mexican consulate or Mexican authorities?
Yes...I believe that, in theory, under Mexican law, a Mexican national can be prosecuted by Mexican authorities, regardless of where in the world the crime took place. How often this actually happens, though....and for what crimes....I couldn't guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration