Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What bugs you more, Illegals who work hard for less, or CEOs who made billions and want you to eat t
Illegals who work hard for less 4 12.50%
CEOs who made billions and need for you to eat their toxic loans so they can keep their jobs 9 28.13%
Both bug me the same 19 59.38%
Neither bothers me 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 06:11 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,818,602 times

Advertisements

What bugs you more, Illegals who come here and work hard for less, or CEOs who made billions, who need you to eat their toxic loans so that they can keep their jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 PM

50,481 posts, read 47,209,181 times
I voted one way but both bug me about the same because 2 wrongs make no right. On top of that Illegals cost tax payers billions so I'd like to see them both disappear. At least one is private sector and not ganking money directly from my pocket like social services do.

I'd rate it about the same.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,854,669 times
Both.

Is this thread intended to justify illegal immigration? Because it's a simply a crime and everyone knows it. It's important that we know who enters this country and that he/she does it legally especially when our country is facing threats of drug cartel violence and terrorism.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:07 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,246,833 times
Cant vote because the answers are designed to be inflamatory.
One has nothing to do with the other.
Illegals and CEO's???????
Fact CEO's get paid what corporate america allows and by law.
Illegals are just criminals.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:09 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
interesting poll results. when somebody gets a salary cut americans cheer.
american labor is anti labor.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Cant vote because the answers are designed to be inflamatory.
One has nothing to do with the other.
Illegals and CEO's???????
Fact CEO's get paid what corporate america allows and by law.
Illegals are just criminals.
The moral issue is what's at stake here. An 'illegal' who claws his way across the border and works hard for less is spat on, while the 'legal' worker, who skirts the border of 'legality', can scam the 'system' of billions, which could be from fixed income retirees, all so thay can enjoy the privileges of the wealthy. Aside from 'legality', what about 'morality'?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,246,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The moral issue is what's at stake here. An 'illegal' who claws his way across the border and works hard for less is sat on, while the 'legal' worker, who skirts the border of 'legality', can scam the 'system' of billions, which could be from fixed income retirees, all so thay can enjoy the privileges of the wealthy. Aside from 'legality', what about 'morality'?
The illegal who steals their way accross the border?
The illegal who low balls wages forcing legals out of work?
What about the morality of ID theft?
What about the thousands of illegals who once here commit violent crimes against legal citizens?
I care about the common man . The legal citizen trying to support their family.
I have no compassion for illegals as they are 100% of them criminals.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,312 times
Here is a thought that will not doubt irritate many and maybe make some laugh.

1. You can pay an illegal $25 to get your yard cut and it does not cost any citizen their job.

2. Greedy CEOs cost us (Tax Payers) $,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$... and have help to put us in a recession and hundreds of throusands of hard working americans out of work. (and they don't cut grass).

One is making money illegally doing honest work and the other is making money legally and have nearly killed our childrens future.

Which one should go to jail ? 1 or 2 or Both ?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:57 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,951,552 times
Sure ...illegals work hard for their money...thats what physical work is...hard labor with the hands and not the brain.

I have never heard of a illegal being highly educated or being a profesional person with a degree or college education coming across the border illegally.

The majority if not all have barely the grade school education and their expertise is doing the menial type of work (will not list the various jobs they do).

The work they are doing is what they are qualified to do considering lack of education etc.

Sorry... but that is the route of the problem across the whole country where they congregate.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The illegal who steals their way accross the border?
The illegal who low balls wages forcing legals out of work?
What about the morality of ID theft?
What about the thousands of illegals who once here commit violent crimes against legal citizens?
I care about the common man . The legal citizen trying to support their family.
I have no compassion for illegals as they are 100% of them criminals.
Easy for you to point the finger. European immigration has always been easier than it has been for other races, even though there are plenty of illegal Irish, Polish, Russian, etc in this country.
A man who's only crime is to try and support his family is not a great offense in my view. The man born with a gold spoon up his ass, who then proceeds to bilk retirement funds, retirees, widows, et al out of their life saving because he feels 'entitled' I have no problem hanging from the rafters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration