Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM

68 posts, read 147,061 times

Advertisements

I live in the D.C. area where the Central American (mostly Salvadoran) lobby has a powerful stranglehold on local Democrats.

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — In a national debate fixated on Mexicans sneaking across the border, there's been barely a peep about how arbitrary and political immigration law can be.
Congress, the White House and U.S. immigration agencies over the years have developed a complex patchwork system that favors some groups and nationalities over others.
Did you know:
• 220,000 Salvadorans, many of them illegal immigrants, have been afforded "temporary protected status" by the Bush administration for the past five years?
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003265609_impgpolicy21.html

This is truly ridiculous. This was published in 2006 but I'm sure the TPS renewal applications only accelerated during the end of the Bush administration. The latest extension runs out in 2010.

We went to war in Iraq and destabilized their country and directly and indirectly contributed to the deaths of thousands of civilians. And yet we've refused many sympathetic Iraqis (including translators and others) "sanctuary" in the U.S. over the last several years.

Instead we are still paying off our "debts" because of Reagan's loony anti-commie initiatives in Latin America. Where's the fairness?

Leftist El Salvador nationals are always exaggerating our knowledge of human rights violations during the civil war decades ago to justify TPS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvadoran_Civil_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Mozote_massacre
http://countrystudies.us/el-salvador/15.htm

But if you read/hear their unhinged rhetoric it is way overblown and some of it borders on hate speech. (They write/say most of the worst in Spanish.) From my dealings with many D.C. area Salvadorans, I can only conclude that, like many an immigrant, they hate America but love our money.

We need to end this dysfunctional, one-sided relationship with El Salvador, NOW. We are not benefiting from our dealings with this parasitic state.

Marylanders need to come to their senses and vote out:

Ana Sol Gutierrez
Joseph Vallario, Jr.
Ike Leggett
Martin O'Malley

[to be continued]

Last edited by AmericanAnomie; 01-23-2009 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: clarification, grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 12:35 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
im sure plenty of iraqis will get this protection as well.

but you really cant compare what happened in Iraq to what happened in El Sal.

the TPS is there for a reason. what i would hold under a very watchful eye is who is allowed this protection. i remember reading an article about some fool that was being deported, but wanted added asylum because fo his gang ties! ludicrous.

he was deported and i was very fine with that. that scum can go rot in El Sal. the goodpeople, they can stay here. and having worked with lots of El Sals, they are like most other immigrants to this country. GOOD PEOPLE.

enough with the generalizations lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAnomie View Post
I live in the D.C. area where the Central American (mostly Salvadoran) lobby has a powerful stranglehold on local Democrats.

This is truly ridiculous. This was published in 2006 but I'm sure the TPS renewal applications only accelerated during the end of the Bush administration. The latest extension runs out in 2010.

We went to war in Iraq and destabilized their country and directly and indirectly contributed to the deaths of thousands of civilians. And yet we've refused many sympathetic Iraqis (including translators and others) "sanctuary" in the U.S. over the last several years.

Instead we are still paying off our "debts" because of Reagan's loony anti-commie initiatives in Latin America. Where's the fairness?

Leftist El Salvador nationals are always exaggerating our knowledge of human rights violations during the civil war decades ago to justify TPS:

But if you read/hear their unhinged rhetoric it is way overblown and some of it borders on hate speech. (They write/say most of the worst in Spanish.) From my dealings with many D.C. area Salvadorans, I can only conclude that, like many an immigrant, they hate America but love our money.

We need to end this dysfunctional, one-sided relationship with El Salvador, NOW. We are not benefiting from our dealings with this parasitic state.

Ana Sol Gutierrez
Joseph Vallario, Jr.
Ike Leggett
Martin O'Malley

[to be continued]

Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAnomie View Post

Ana Sol Gutierrez
Joseph Vallario, Jr.
Ike Leggett
Martin O'Malley

[to be continued]
I live on the VA side of the DC area and from my observations of most of the TPS Salvadorians I can't figure why the our government would rather coddle El Salvador (which we did nothing to) rather then Afghanistan or Iraq (which we did mess up.) The Iraqis and Afghans usually have better job skills and in most cases speak English.

Bottom line we don't owe Latin American a d^&( thing while we should lend a hand to Iraq and Afghanistan.

May I also suggest Virginians vote out:

Bill Euielle (if anyone runs against him)
The entire Alexandria city council
Walter Tejada

Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
it obvious you know very little of all the puppet regimes and militaries we armed in central america...

maybe you arent old enough to remember...

its ok tho. its ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I live on the VA side of the DC area and from my observations of most of the TPS Salvadorians I can't figure why the our government would rather coddle El Salvador (which we did nothing to) rather then Afghanistan or Iraq (which we did mess up.) The Iraqis and Afghans usually have better job skills and in most cases speak English.

Bottom line we don't owe Latin American a d^&( thing while we should lend a hand to Iraq and Afghanistan.

May I also suggest Virginians vote out:

Bill Euielle (if anyone runs against him)
The entire Alexandria city council
Walter Tejada

Old 04-01-2010, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,374 times
I want to say to the person who wrote that the USA has to ended the dysfuntional one sided relationship with el salvador ,what she/ he call parasitic state was the only country from Latin America that committed troops from the very begining of the war in Iraq untill 2008 unlike france and other european countries,also those called unreasonably parasites ,sacrificed their lives on the batlefield and saved the lives of many us soldiers including VIP US staff, they won the respect of the American military personal for their professionalism as witnessed by many military blogs.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman07 View Post
I want to say to the person who wrote that the USA has to ended the dysfuntional one sided relationship with el salvador ,what she/ he call parasitic state was the only country from Latin America that committed troops from the very begining of the war in Iraq untill 2008 unlike france and other european countries,also those called unreasonably parasites ,sacrificed their lives on the batlefield and saved the lives of many us soldiers including VIP US staff, they won the respect of the American military personal for their professionalism as witnessed by many military blogs.
Well, the OP, AmericaAnomie, last posted in February of 2009. Somehow, I doubt they will see what you have to say.

How interesting that your first post is to call out someone posting something negative about El Salvador from over a year ago. Could it be because you are from El Salvador? Just a guess here.

Welcome to CD Illegal Immigration Forum. You'll just love it here.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Why can’t the dead just rest in peace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration