Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Do you read any of the links you post? I guess you see a sensational headline and just post it, sort of like McCain picking Palin. Each one less the right wing blah above lay out Obama's position which always makes sense. I know conservatives only consider "illegals" to be Latinos or Africans but many are from all around the world to include Europe..THis country is all about immigrants, built and designed by and for immigrants. Unless you are a Native American Indian, your descendents were immigrants, forced or by choice..Giving them a license doesn't grant them citizenship, just the right to drive and do all the jobs "true" Americans refuse to do.
The indigenous peoples here were immigrants as well---------all human beings can trace their DNA back to Africa.

As for giving a criminal a driver's license...........no dice. Before you or anybody else tries to say that being illegal does not count---------try again. ID theft, not reporting earnings, etc. are all Felonies--------I can safely assume that most illegals age 18 up are some species of Felon over and beyond being here in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Kele and Davidt You both are anti-illegal and both write damn fine posts. But your splitting hairs here. This is exactly what the Pro-illegals want to see.
Lets agree that you have some differences in opinion and find the peace.
Lets focus on the issues that are driving the anti-illegal battle. ILLEGALS and those who support them.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:40 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Kele and Davidt You both are anti-illegal and both write damn fine posts. But your splitting hairs here. This is exactly what the Pro-illegals want to see.
Lets agree that you have some differences in opinion and find the peace.
Lets focus on the issues that are driving the anti-illegal battle. ILLEGALS and those who support them.
If he isn't pro-illegal, that certainly wasn't clear in his response and I responded to that lack of clarity.

I've got nothing else to say to someone who cannot refrain from juvenile insults simply because he has a problem with something I've said. Perhaps he should have qualified his stance in his post rather than simply attacking the OP ad hominem.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
If he isn't pro-illegal, that certainly wasn't clear in his response and I responded to that lack of clarity.

I've got nothing else to say to someone who cannot refrain from juvenile insults simply because he has a problem with something I've said. Perhaps he should have qualified his stance in his post rather than simply attacking the OP ad hominem.
Fair enough

Old 11-03-2008, 10:51 AM

207 posts, read 279,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Don't put words in people's mouth. It won't work beyond junior high school level. Did I say anywhere it in post that I am OK with illegal getting freebies? I was simply responding to the OP's ridiculous spin.
Wow David, you sure are making friends out here aren't you? I've lost count of the number of people you've called stupid. Why don't you enlighten all of us bottom feeders with your educational background, University name, GPA & if you've been published. I can hardly wait...

Since you think you're above everyone else, why don't you try the MENSA boards? Surely, you MUST know what they are being a genius...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I wasn't the one claiming Obama will do this or McCain will do that. Fact: illegal aliens have been receiving health care and education for years and years whether Clinton or Bush was president. The Op made it sound it like this will only happen under Obama. For someone who fights illegal immigration, you seem ignorant.
Complimentary David strikes again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Nice.

At least I'm not slinging childish insults.
David, you need to apologize for your childish remarks & cut down on your personal attacks. Name calling = lost credibility.

Last edited by Yac; 11-04-2008 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged

Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,730,837 times
Everybody please calm down.
Yac.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,730,837 times
Everybody please calm down.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration