Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,109,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Who cares. They already have a thread for this on the Election forum. Some of you republicans will try anything to stop Obama becoming President. Well guess what? Its not working, and in a few days Obama will win the election and become President. Obama 08'
I am all for Obama becoming president. But dont get your hopes up Obama pushes for Amnesty. American citizens first. Illegals go back to your home countries and get back in line. I dispise line cutters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,471,763 times
Now he has skin in the game. I think his tune might be changing during this presidency.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:15 AM

50,479 posts, read 47,238,069 times
There will be a HUGE percentage of Americans already depending on Social Services undercut if any type of amnesty is granted. Remember, the sources are finite while the headcount will increase by 1/4 - 1/3.

So, unless he increases taxes (which he said he will not), then there are a whole lot of people that are going to be very angry about such a situation.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,654,748 times
I can't put it on obama unless he knew of his aunts illegal status and helped her sign up for benefits reserved for citizens alone, such as public housing. If that were found to be the case, then we will have a different thread entirely!
As it stands though, I really don't hold relatives against candidates. Or the candidates relationships (or not) with their relatives....unless it involves illegal activity such as fraud.
Embarassing to obama in the short term. Nonetheless, I fully expect obama to make speeches about bringing his aunt 'out of the shadows' and make her the face of amnesty to try to win over popular opinion.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:22 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,457,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Who cares. They already have a thread for this on the Election forum. Some of you republicans will try anything to stop Obama becoming President. Well guess what? Its not working, and in a few days Obama will win the election and become President. Obama 08'
Chicagoland60426 You have just proven to the rest, that your interest(s) in having Obama as President of The United States are for all the wrong reasons.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:23 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,423,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Bingo. I noticed the same thing.
You would have to be blind, crazy or a devout racist not to notice.

While race based fear mongering in order to win an election has served many well in the past, this is a new generation of Americans whose family lineage is no longer discernable or can be divided in terms of black vs. white. John McCain has had a free ride for more than 40 years based on his status of "war hero" which is why he had no other choice but to invoke fear into his platform to justify why anyone should vote for him.

IMHO Ron Paul was the best qualified candidate to get us out of this cycle of government co-dependency and government and corporate corruption on every level.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-01-2008 at 10:33 AM..

Old 11-01-2008, 10:45 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,250,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You would have to be blind, crazy or a devout racist not to notice.

While race based fear mongering in order to win an election has served many well in the past, this is a new generation of Americans whose family lineage is no longer discernable or can be divided in terms of black vs. white. John McCain has had a free ride for more than 40 years based on his status of "war hero" which is why he had no other choice but to invoke fear into his platform to justify why anyone should vote for him.

IMHO Ron Paul was the best qualified candidate to get us out of this cycle of government co-dependency and government and corporate corruption on every level.
The tinman would have found a way also. I would have unannounced launched a massive FBI investigation into every sitting reps background. No file left unevaluated. We would have found the bad guys,loaded them into my newly patented rail gun of death and launched them into orbit.
Those filling the vacancies would have understood consequences for corrupt behaviors.
The next move would be to triple the budget for ICE and we would pay for this by fining without mercy any and all employers and landlords of illegals.
The illegals would forfeit all assets shortly before be loaded into my other invention my rail gun of deportation. As a merciful and benevolent dictator I would have granted parachutes to all illegals under the age of 16.
Next act as supreme leader. Recall all troops from Iraq. I would send a notice to all state supporters of terrorism. If even 1 terrorist attack happens on US soil or a US ally I will without hesitation launch an attack using any and all weapons against their capitals and holy sights.
Last act of my first day would be to let mexico know where they stand. If they continue to allow their country to be used as a conduit for drug smuggling, human smuggling, and if their military should once again accidentally cross into US territory and engage our border patrol I will launch operation Awesome burrito. A massive air attack of bean eating locusts bio designed in US laboratories that will feed on only re fried beans.

Last edited by tinman01; 11-01-2008 at 10:58 AM..

Old 11-01-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The tinman would have found a way also. I would have unannounced launched a massive FBI investigation into every sitting reps background. No file left unevaluated. We would have found the bad guys,loaded them into my newly patented rail gun of death and launched them into orbit.
Those filling the vacancies would have understood consequences for corrupt behaviors.
The next move would be to triple the budget for ICE and we would pay for this by fining without mercy any and all employers and landlords of illegals.
The illegals would forfeit all assets shortly before be loaded into my other invention my rail gun of deportation. As a merciful and benevolent dictator I would have granted parachutes to all illegals under the age of 16.
Next act as supreme leader. Recall all troops from Iraq. I would send a notice to all state supporters of terrorism. If even 1 terrorist attack happens on US soil or a US ally I will without hesitation launch an attack using any and all weapons against their capitals and holy sights.
Last act of my first day would be to let mexico know where they stand. If they continue to allow their country to be used as a conduit for drug smuggling, human smuggling, and if their military should once again accidentally cross into US territory and engage our border patrol I will launch operation Awesome burrito. A massive air attack of bean eating locusts bio designed in US laboratories that will bead on only re fried beans.
Bravo! Where do I sign up? TINMAN FOR POTUS!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:55 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,250,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Bravo! Where do I sign up? TINMAN FOR POTUS!
I prefer the title imporpotus
I will allow you to command operation awesome burrito.
General Benecar will command the railgun of deportation
General Mkfarnam will command the court system
I myself will deal with the rail gun of death. I invented it so it should be my toy.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I can't put it on obama unless he knew of his aunts illegal status and helped her sign up for benefits reserved for citizens alone, such as public housing. If that were found to be the case, then we will have a different thread entirely!
As it stands though, I really don't hold relatives against candidates. Or the candidates relationships (or not) with their relatives....unless it involves illegal activity such as fraud.
Embarassing to obama in the short term. Nonetheless, I fully expect obama to make speeches about bringing his aunt 'out of the shadows' and make her the face of amnesty to try to win over popular opinion.
While I don't doubt you may be right, Obama, if elected, will be forced to realize that there is no MAJORITY of popular opinion or support when it comes to any form of amnesty.

No measure of amnesty will succeed in passing, no matter who is elected. Amnesty equals more tax dollars being wasted on those who have no respect or regard for our country and our laws. This country is in financial ruins and
the American people have spoken loud and clear, leaving no doubt that we will not tolerate or finance another amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration