Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 05:37 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,420,681 times

Advertisements

A report written for the Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) says the gangs represent a "significant menace to the public," with about 80 percent of the members involved in serious crimes in addition to immigration violations and another 40 percent having committed violent crimes.

"The recent emergence and spread of several Hispanic street gangs, most notably MS-13 and 18th Street, has attracted the attention of law enforcement agencies and political leaders nationwide," said Jessica M. Vaughan, an author of the report, which was made public Tuesday. "Many gangs are made up of small-time troublemakers, but others have a reputation for grisly violence.

"They are responsible for virtually the entire spectrum of criminal activity, from nuisance crimes like graffiti to murder. Some are becoming increasingly well-organized and operating as sophisticated crime syndicates across national borders," she said.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/03/spread-of-gangs-tied-to-border-control-failure/

Wow, rocket science anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 07:00 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
A report written for the Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) says the gangs represent a "significant menace to the public," with about 80 percent of the members involved in serious crimes in addition to immigration violations and another 40 percent having committed violent crimes.

"The recent emergence and spread of several Hispanic street gangs, most notably MS-13 and 18th Street, has attracted the attention of law enforcement agencies and political leaders nationwide," said Jessica M. Vaughan, an author of the report, which was made public Tuesday. "Many gangs are made up of small-time troublemakers, but others have a reputation for grisly violence.

"They are responsible for virtually the entire spectrum of criminal activity, from nuisance crimes like graffiti to murder. Some are becoming increasingly well-organized and operating as sophisticated crime syndicates across national borders," she said.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/03/spread-of-gangs-tied-to-border-control-failure/

Wow, rocket science anyone?
I guess I am confused with this authoritative article as if goes against everything I have been told by my state and national leaders and yes, indeed even members of this board.

What you ask does he mean? COuld he be mistaken in his comment.

How can he be confused? Well for several years now, I and you, have been told by our national leaders they are only here to do hard menial labor jobs we Americans wont do.
My state leaders have told me they are only here for a better life.

My Spirtual leaders have told me they are only good and god fearing people who have came for a better life.

Members of this and other boards have told me they are here to become the next wave of good solid american citizens.

Yet this article is clear they are here for rape, pillage, plunder, mayhem.

I am so confused........someone elucidate me.............

Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,450,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
I guess I am confused with this authoritative article as if goes against everything I have been told by my state and national leaders and yes, indeed even members of this board.

What you ask does he mean? COuld he be mistaken in his comment.

How can he be confused? Well for several years now, I and you, have been told by our national leaders they are only here to do hard menial labor jobs we Americans wont do.
My state leaders have told me they are only here for a better life.

My Spirtual leaders have told me they are only good and god fearing people who have came for a better life.

Members of this and other boards have told me they are here to become the next wave of good solid american citizens.

Yet this article is clear they are here for rape, pillage, plunder, mayhem.

I am so confused........someone elucidate me.............
Everything in this article is true. The pro Illegals and Sympathizers ignore this part of the issue. They say that the Illegals they support have nothing to do with gangs, Yet, every gang was created and formed by Illegals that"came here to work" and every gang member is a member from the Illegal families who "came here for a better life".

Quote:
"They typically work by day in construction, auto repair, farming, landscaping and other low-skill occupations where employers are less vigilant checking status, often using false documents."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration